What we like to see on the new 2019 GS !

Boxerlust

Reaction score
I came from a 2012 R1200GS-ADV to a 2017 R1200GS-ADV and the crystal ball says that for the big show in milan in November the 2019 GS will be out...I mean a new and updated version of the GS...:D
Here is what I like to see on the new GS and you can add to the list in case I forgot something...;)
-More power to make the bike more exiting ! 145hp/140NM should be the minimum.I would not complain about more...:thumb
-The transmission should be shift as smooth in gears 1-2-3 as it shifts in 4-5-6 !
-Please don't make it any quieter as the current Euro-3,4 engines are already too quiet for my taste !
-Keep analog gauges as an option as not everyone likes the I-phone/TFT dash that might give problems and turn dark in 5 years from now !
-Also keep the key option and don't make keyless mandatory as it also might cause problems after years of service or on long trips far away from home !
-Give it a little bit more ground clearance as even on the 2 inch taller ADV or Rally footpegs and right side of the centerstand touch when riding hard !
-Don't waste valuable space on the right side bag by putting the exhaust under the seat like in the R1100/1200S to give it 2 boxes of the same volume !
-Make a second version of the great Rally seat.Just a little longer for 2-up use !
-How about an XR version with 17 inch wheels for folks who only ride the tarmac but don't like 4 cylinders or chains...:thumb2
-And keep the TL front-suspension as even the best ESA fork can't resist forkdive while soaking up all road imperfections like the TL does.
Hopefully coming November our prayers will be answered...:beerjug:

Bloody hell, you really are living in a daydream if you think it’ll have any of that!:D

How about this..
Oberdan-Bezzi-BMW-R-1250-GLOBAL-SPORT.jpg

How about this..
Oberdan-Bezzi-BMW-R-1250-GLOBAL-SPORT.jpg

I like the look of it, but a fender extender ain't gonna sort the shortfall in that front mudguard and the engine is gonna cop the lot! So, for that reason, I'm out... ;)

@DeanOnO;that GS based on the R Nine T would be a nice alternative to the LC if it had a centerstand and factory hardbags...:thumb2=============================================================================================

It will be in the shop here in Germany in October, and boxer engine will be thing of the past, also hearing some sort of removable tablet in near future :augie

A V4 engine and DCT :p:D

I know you're poking fun, but fitting a V4 to a GSA with 160 beans - with an off-road pro mode max 100 beans would have me signing a deposit cheque tomorrow.

If Ducati put the V4 in the Multi then I'd go that route as a second option. But they're obviously sticking with a twin for a while yet. 2 years is my guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not bothered about more power, I’d like a heated seat option, improved dash with integrated SatNav.

Better colours

Back
Top Bottom