RECOMMENDATION - Good Auto Electrician North West

burnsey66

Reaction score
Looking for someone to install fixed bike comms and Denali lights, plus relocate another set, on my GS.

Either at a workshop or my home.

Would be great if the same person could supply the gear too, but if not, have a thorough understanding of what you are fitting and also what I need to order (!).

Recommendations welcome :thumb2

Shameless bump.

I can’t believe there’s no good tradesman out there.

Don’t make me watch Youtube and do it myself :D

Hi Burnsey,

I'm chasing you because I'm having the same doubts as you seem to have.
- Denali vs. BMW OEM (or both)
- CanSmart vs. ezCAN

If possible, please let me know what you think of the Denali's. Better than OEM? Is it really worth having both?
And what about the CanSmart vs. ezCAN? By what I've seen online CanSmart (after the so promised update - I've wrote them an email too and had the same feedback) will do the same as the ezCAN, with the advantage that if you're buying Denali Lights is 100% plug an play.

Please let me have your feedback.
Many thanks.

Burnsey the Denali installation is easy just take your time, if I can do it anyone can, will gladly guide you through how I did it if you want.

Quick update and thanks to all.

I’ve ordered two D2 lights, bracket and CanSmart.

Once they’ve landed, will decide what to do with the OEM lights. If they stay I will likely need to buy brackets for bar fixing, or I may sell them on.
If I decide to keep them, I will order the additional bits before doing the whole thing in one go.

Quick update and thanks to all.

I’ve ordered two D2 lights, bracket and CanSmart.

Once they’ve landed, will decide what to do with the OEM lights. If they stay I will likely need to buy brackets for bar fixing, or I may sell them on.
If I decide to keep them, I will order the additional bits before doing the whole thing in one go.

Pretty sure it’s Denali D2s I’ve got on the Husky- very impressive!

Quick question, if anyone could answer...

My current OEM aux lights work (they light up!)

The following occurs with menu option driving light on or off.

When the bike is turned on, they come on, then as soon as the ignition is started they go off.

With ignition on, if I press the on/off, the go off, but not back on.

Any ideas?

Same as mine, you will not need anything else with them.

Hi,
Have you ever compared this ones with BMW auxiliary lights?
Which do you think are better?
I'm about to decided if I buy the D4 (with CanSmart) ou BMW ones.

Thanks.

Hi,
Have you ever compared this ones with BMW auxiliary lights?
Which do you think are better?
I'm about to decided if I buy the D4 (with CanSmart) ou BMW ones.

Thanks.

Just to jump in, I would say they are far superior, in both light emitted and quality. But they are BIG.

After all this and purchasing the full set up, I’ve decided not to go ahead with the installation, but there is no logic, i’m just weird...

Just to jump in, I would say they are far superior, in both light emitted and quality. But they are BIG.

After all this and purchasing the full set up, I’ve decided not to go ahead with the installation, but there is no logic, i’m just weird...

Ok.
Even worst!!!!
No I really don't know what to do.
I have to make a decision until next Friday.
In order to try and get a conclusion, why didn't you install them?
It's just for the work it takes or they're too ugly? (since they're that BIG).
My idea was to put them on the orignal BMW low crash bars (mine is a rallye too)

Ok.
Even worst!!!!
No I really don't know what to do.
I have to make a decision until next Friday.
In order to try and get a conclusion, why didn't you install them?
It's just for the work it takes or they're too ugly? (since they're that BIG).
My idea was to put them on the orignal BMW low crash bars (mine is a rallye too)

I can't provide a logical explanation - I am just bonkers!

Decided it was daft to swap perfectly good lights, so will keep the Denali's on a shelf until the current ones pack in.

They are bloody big, but as riders, we should probably be happy with this, but my riding is social, so not often in the dark and I feel I am visible enough in the day currently.

Back
Top Bottom