DCT...would you ?

Really ? Well you're the first I've ever heard saying they had an issue. Heard plenty say "oh you need to get that remapped" but never heard of anyone having a problem.

I took my AT with full system on it to Hilltop and it was so lean that Geoff couldn’t even get a fuel reading at all.
He had to introduce a new map before he could even start.
I was watching him do it so saw with my own eyes.
It’s the headers that cause the lean issue.

If you are riding round on a full system without any fuelling adjustment then you are asking for trouble.

So to confirm, you also don't know a single person who has had an issue ?

I don’t know anybody stupid enough to fit a full system without getting it remapped !

From memory, the guys at Rugged Roads got theirs done as it was very lean and I saw with my own eyes what mine was showing,and Geoff at Hilltop was shocked at the readings .

I’m only trying to help . If you are happy to ignore this advice then carry on, but I would at least call someone like Geoff and ask them what they reckon.....

I took my AT with full system on it to Hilltop and it was so lean that Geoff couldn’t even get a fuel reading at all.
He had to introduce a new map before he could even start.
I was watching him do it so saw with my own eyes.
It’s the headers that cause the lean issue.

If you are riding round on a full system without any fuelling adjustment then you are asking for trouble.
Of course if the CRF1000 has some kind of air injection system (I don't know if they do), that would throw out any afr reading.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Mine too was running horrendously lean after fitting the full Arrow Ti system. The difference made by Geoff was well worth the ferry trip from NI to England never mind the piece of mind that the engine wasn’t going to cause damage to itself.

I don’t know anybody stupid enough to fit a full system without getting it remapped !

From memory, the guys at Rugged Roads got theirs done as it was very lean and I saw with my own eyes what mine was showing,and Geoff at Hilltop was shocked at the readings .

I’m only trying to help . If you are happy to ignore this advice then carry on, but I would at least call someone like Geoff and ask them what they reckon.....

I am not doubting any of that at all, yet I have never heard of a single failure due to this, nor has anyone else to my knowledge. If someone can produce evidence that they have seen in first hand on a 4 stroke motorcycle then that would be great, in saying that, I do believe getting a remap is for the good.

I am not doubting any of that at all, yet I have never heard of a single failure due to this, nor has anyone else to my knowledge. If someone can produce evidence that they have seen in first hand on a 4 stroke motorcycle then that would be great, in saying that, I do believe getting a remap is for the good.

So as long as your bike just runs dangerously lean but doesn't actually fail,then you're happy ?

:blast

getting my cheapo, 14 year old bike on Saturday and it has a clutch. Cannot be more enthused. DCT is cool, funky and new but then so was the Nokia 6310.. Cannot wait to get my hands on a clutch!....

So as long as your bike just runs dangerously lean but doesn't actually fail,then you're happy ?

What is 'dangerously lean'? Give me a figure?

Do you have air injection? If so, did Geoff disable this on the first 'map' to get an accurate initial reading?

Which means absolutely nothing if skewed by air injection.
I very much doubt that a petrol engine would run with such a mixture

Which means absolutely nothing if skewed by air injection.
I very much doubt that a petrol engine would run with such a mixture

You asked for a lean figure !

As 36-24-36 is considered perfect, I would have thought the above was very lean 🤪

Very whitty, personally I couldn't tolerate such a lean condition!

Very whitty, personally I couldn't tolerate such a lean condition!

And my sincere apologies for not taking notes when Hilltop did my bike in 2016. I didn’t realise that it may be later questioned in the court of UKGSER !

Myself, Davy F and ( pretty sure ) Stormforce all had full systems on an AT and all were extremely lean before fettling . I should have just ridden it like that and let it go bang so Cabby would have his needed proof !!!

As you seem unable/willing to answer some basic questions, 20 seconds search shows the air injection control valve.
Unless this is disabled, your exhaust mixture will show as artificially lean.

Either way I care not a jot, keep banging on with half truths.

As you seem unable/willing to answer some basic questions, 20 seconds search shows the air injection control valve.
Unless this is disabled, your exhaust mixture will show as artificially lean.

Either way I care not a jot, keep banging on with half truths.

What half truth ?

I took my bike to be remapped , as others have done .

Geoff at Hilltop stated it was dangerously lean and showed me the readout .
I’m not an engineer so I took his word for it .
The bike was transformed . End of.
So I really couldn’t give a shit if that isn’t good enough for you pedantic lot. Ciao

I never at any time said that.

All I have said is, we have all heard it being said about bike supposedly being run lean yet no one has any actual knowledge of a failure.

I personally have no idea of what is good and what is bad and if someone who deals in this know their shit and say it's not healthy then I'm inclined to accept what they say, yet we have yet to here of a failure, so the cynic in me wonders why.

Back
Top Bottom