DCT...would you ?

What half truth ?

I took my bike to be remapped , as others have done .

Geoff at Hilltop stated it was dangerously lean and showed me the readout .
I’m not an engineer so I took his word for it .
The bike was transformed . End of.
So I really couldn’t give a shit if that isn’t good enough for you pedantic lot. Ciao
If I was in Geoffs line of work, I too would happily spend my days scaring the bejesus out of folks that have made changes to their latest 'best bike in the world ever'

Nice little earner don't you think?

As for giving a shit - you obviously do otherwise you wouldn't have started bleating on in the first place :)

☆ That is not to say that I'm undermining his (and other tuners') work in any way.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

If I was in Geoffs line of work, I too would happily spend my days scaring the bejesus out of folks that have made changes to their latest 'best bike in the world ever'

☆ That is not to say that I'm undermining his (and other tuners') work in any way.

I have difficulty with these two statements.

As for giving a shit - you obviously do otherwise you wouldn't have started bleating on in the first place :)

This is a valid point, they (tuners) have a vested interest in this. Again, I'm not suggesting that these bikes with a full system aren't running lean, I wouldn't know one way or the other but tuners make a living out this thing.

Yes often a bike does "feel" better when it's had work done to it but as an example, years ago I got my zx6r dynojetted and k&n filtered, £300+ is was, 20 years ago and not a single bit of difference did I feel, the guy said upon picking it up, that's the fueling running perfect now mate, you'll notice the difference, nope I never. To counter that, I got my Super Tenere reflashed and yes I did notice a big difference, but I am still waiting on finding the first 4 stroke bike that has had a catastrophic failure due to "running lean"

Unfortunately I didn't feel a different when I had my 2017 AT DCT (running an SC project full titanium system) Hilltop mapped, so I went back and got it standardised and had a refund. I've since fitted a rapid bike easy for peace of mind regards the fueling but I must admit that I still can't feel any difference.. Not saying others don't enjoy good results but, annoyingly, not I.

What is the fitting process of one of those rapid easy things ?

Not complicated but fiddly trying to thread its wires down from the little control box that lives under the pillion seat down to the lamba sensor.

A very lean burn is likely to burn the piston crowns, the exhaust valves and overheat your engine. Fuel provides a vital role in cooling the piston, cylinder and exhaust valves as well as the more valuable role of providing ignition.

Run it lean treat it mean :D

Back
Top Bottom