Insurance legal cover

Santa-2512

Omnipotent one
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just been sorting my renewal for the GS, and this one has popped up before i commit to cash ;)

It's £20 extra, question is do i need it via the broker, or is it better to go else where (50% cheaper)

or not bother at all?

Ive only had it once, and i purchased that after some twat rear ended me...

any other time i dont normally bother ...

thoughts?

Just been sorting my renewal for the GS, and this one has popped up before i commit to cash ;)

It's £20 extra, question is do i need it via the broker, or is it better to go else where (50% cheaper)

or not bother at all?

Ive only had it once, and i purchased that after some twat rear ended me...

any other time i dont normally bother ...

thoughts?
Send me £20 and I'll answer it !

If, you have a case any decent lawyer will get you more money.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Bikers' Charter, chapter 17, clause 36, sub-section 57 B, as amended by the convention at Big Fat Ron's place, Stockport, 22 June 1994, 27 votes to seven with three abstentions:

It is always better to get anything cheaper. All else is a right feckin' rip-off, mate. Should it prove otherwise, it shall fall upon five or more like minds to feckin' sort it

Bikers' Charter, chapter 17, clause 36, sub-section 57 B, as amended by the convention at Big Fat Ron's place, Stockport, 22 June 1994, 27 votes to seven with three abstentions:

It is always better to get anything cheaper. All else is a right feckin' rip-off, mate. Should it prove otherwise, it shall fall upon five or more like minds to feckin' sort it

Piss taking aside,
Given you are the insurance "expert"
Is there any differance between what is offered from the insurance co, or do you get better service going outside.

From experiance - the only time ive used one via my insurance co, turned a non fault minor bump £500
into a 5K whammy of hire cars , write offs, that didnt get written off. Paying out over 75% of a cars repair costs for it to be repaired -
And cost me an additional 1.5K for a replacement car i needn't have bought, because they told the other party one thing and me another !

So yes i'm sceptical

Check for duplication elsewhere e.g. AA, Startrescue, RAC and probably other breakdown cover includes legal expenses. As do some bundled bank accounts, house insurance, union memberships etc. A family member used the AA's cover to pursue a claim after an accident. Got a payout but I think a solicitor from the Yellow Pages would have done as good a job. Dealing with a supposedly local solicitor 80 miles away was a PITA at times, although technology was less advanced back then so probably less of an issue now.

https://www.freemotorlegal.co.uk/ has been featured in a number of places such as ThisisMoney and Money.co.uk - not used it but the set-up is similar for no up front fee. With all of them you will have to sign a no win, no fee contract and agree fees will be covered from the eventual payout. You will also have to agree to give up the claim if the solicitor selected for you can't be arsed to pursue the claim any longer. This referral service is not worth the £25-50 fee insurance brokers would like ot charge you for.

Piss taking aside...

Is there any differance between what is offered from the insurance co, or do you get better service going outside.

So yes i'm sceptical

1. You need to look at the two policy wordings - side by side - to see what the differences are, if any

2. You tell us that it’s £20 for the built in cover or half of that figure ie £10 for the stand alone policy. Not buying either policy will will mean a saving that’s not going to be life changing, unless you are absolutely skint

3. If you are truly sceptical as to either of the two policies’ value, then don’t buy them. Keep your money; UKGSer will rally round should the worse happen thereafter

Here’s a simple guide: https://www.moneysupermarket.com/ca...jnFm1vB_yGMM1b385oaAhx4EALw_wcB&adloc=9045887

Back
Top Bottom