INNOVV C5 Install

TeapotOne

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
69415796a320b6a18a26b08e9ebd0b71.jpg

Morning folks, I’ve picked up an INNOVV C5 to use as a standard ‘dash Cam’ style
Camera on the bike - due to a number of incidents whilst commuting last year.

Just wondered if anyone on here has installed one on their GS and where you mounted the lens/wired in the yellow feed etc?

Appreciate your input

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An interesting topic and one that I will be following. I could just stick with my Drift Stealth plugged in to the auxiliary output but it's a bit of a faff when starting and stopping etc.

I have been looking into this specific camera for a while now as I like its compactness. I have a GSA and am thinking of mounting it behind the grill on the beak under the headlight. I want it to be out of sight.

As for the feed, there is a switched wire under the front seat or the rear light under the rear rack/seat. all depends on where you want to locate the unit.

If you could do an install vlog once you have decided, I would be grateful.:beerjug:

Morning folks, I’ve picked up an INNOVV C5 to use as a standard ‘dash Cam’ style

Just wondered if anyone on here has installed one on their GS and where you mounted the lens/wired in the yellow feed etc?

Appreciate your input

Mounted my camera as shown below in picture. The cable I put under the tank cover and it reached to the under seat area where I wired in the DVR to a switched live feed.
80afd20bf7827228269217f8e81c5e8c.jpg

An interesting topic and one that I will be following. I could just stick with my Drift Stealth plugged in to the auxiliary output but it's a bit of a faff when starting and stopping etc.

I have been looking into this specific camera for a while now as I like its compactness. I have a GSA and am thinking of mounting it behind the grill on the beak under the headlight. I want it to be out of sight.

As for the feed, there is a switched wire under the front seat or the rear light under the rear rack/seat. all depends on where you want to locate the unit.

If you could do an install vlog once you have decided, I would be grateful.:beerjug:

Cheers T,

Course bud, I’ll oblige with a vid once I decide on how I’ll install it.

Mounted my camera as shown below in picture. The cable I put under the tank cover and it reached to the under seat area where I wired in the DVR to a switched live feed.
80afd20bf7827228269217f8e81c5e8c.jpg

Thanks Carlo,

That’s a big help bud and much appreciated, but it looks like the 2018 GS has a slightly different beak orientation. I’ll need to have a wee think about where I mount the camera as I also want it as ‘covert’ as possible

Thanks Carlo,

That’s a big help bud and much appreciated, but it looks like the 2018 GS has a slightly different beak orientation. I’ll need to have a wee think about where I mount the camera as I also want it as ‘covert’ as possible

The first picture was on my 2016 GS. This is where I fitted it to my 2017 GSA if it helps. Again, camera wire fitted under tank cover to under seat area.
713ac72277705826b7dd828cb3d68589.jpg

The first picture was on my 2016 GS. This is where I fitted it to my 2017 GSA if it helps. Again, camera wire fitted under tank cover to under seat area.
713ac72277705826b7dd828cb3d68589.jpg

That’s brilliant bud, just what I’m after cheers

That’s brilliant bud, just what I’m after cheers

As you say, nice and discreet!!! No one notices it unless you point it out. Was a snug fit. Didn’t use the supplied bracket. Just used a rear view mirror double sided sticky pad to hold it in. Not really needed due to snugness of fit but it helps reduce vibration.

As you say, nice and discreet!!! No one notices it unless you point it out. Was a snug fit. Didn’t use the supplied bracket. Just used a rear view mirror double sided sticky pad to hold it in. Not really needed due to snugness of fit but it helps reduce vibration.

Purrfick!! Awesome work

I’ve been looking at Innovv for a while. I was told at the bike show in November that they were bringing out a new two camera set up (the K2 I assume) this spring.... no sign of it yet. The C5 looks really good as a one camera setup

I have a different make with dual cameras mounted under the rear seat
d810aeaefb6ccb33839a68c7a1acd29c.png

the front camera is mounted on the beak
1aa6018924548d5942bf088ea9fcdd28.png

the rear below the rear rack
2ec4a82965fb5ba93903978b74800e29.png

Powered by a 2 amp converter getting fed from the switched live on the plug under the front seat. Canbus powers the feed for around 60 seconds after ignition off .you can test which is correct cable with a voltage meter

ce9550e946418b230512ca93ccadae4e.png

I have a different make with dual cameras mounted under the rear seat
d810aeaefb6ccb33839a68c7a1acd29c.png

the front camera is mounted on the beak
1aa6018924548d5942bf088ea9fcdd28.png

the rear below the rear rack
2ec4a82965fb5ba93903978b74800e29.png

Powered by a 2 amp converter getting fed from the switched live on the plug under the front seat. Canbus powers the feed for around 60 seconds after ignition off .you can test which is correct cable with a voltage meter

ce9550e946418b230512ca93ccadae4e.png

What make is that?

Appreciate your input

Hi - where did you purchase it from and how much please? also how long was delivery time?

Thanks

I bought one of these 2 years ago and it failed to record complete files correctly after a software update so I just had the 1st and last partial files. I ended up buying a roadhawk ride instead which has been 100% reliable, so I'll be interested to here if others had any problems with theirs. I fixed mine to the fairing bracket by the RH indicator and put the unit under the seat. FWIW when it worked I was happy with it.

Well I got it all installed ok, but the DVR module was faulty so I had to contact InnovvUK and they were great, chatted me through a few technical support q&a’s to rule things out, then said to send the module back for a working replacement.

Not ideal but their service has been top notch so far.

I’ll update once I get the replacement hooked up and can test the full system properly.

Back
Top Bottom