Open Invite Bimble 31st March Perth - Glencoe - Applecross - Ullapool - Wee Mad Road

gog

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Myself and a mate are trialing a wee weekend business doing (roughly) guided runs up north, mostly wild camping and slumming it as opposed to B&Bs and regimented itineraries.

We are doing a trial run on Saturday (31st) and have had some interest on Facebook but many have said its too early in the year, too cold, or too wet, so we have had little uptake despite charging nothing. Really just a trial run to work out logistics and see if its something that might work.

We will be meeting a couple guys for an 8am start from Perth to Green Welly in Tyndrum where we are meeting a woman coming up from Glasgow. Then up through Glen Coe, to Applecross over the Bealach (which is still open) and then to Loch Maree near Poolewe where we will be wild camping for the night.

Sunday up past Ullapool to Lochinver and back down the 'wee mad road' to Achiltibuie. From there we head back towards Perth and home Sunday evening.

We will be providing tea, coffee, snacks and lunch. Dinner on Sat we will either find a chippy, pub grub or camp fire fare.

https://www.facebook.com/mototripuk/

Weather is looking clear and dry, but may be a wee bit nippy. I am sure we will live though.

Don't suppose any of you reprobates would care to join us? At the moment our group numbers are looking a bit on the sorry side :blast :D

Drop me a PM or text 07951551995

Cheers
Gordon

Worth keeping the group small for the first run. Good luck with it and sounds a great little trip.

Worth keeping the group small for the first run. Good luck with it and sounds a great little trip.

cheers SB. plan was to limit to the two of us plus 6 others making 8, but looking more like 4 just now as few have dropped out. One more drop out and we are going to feel a bit silly :D

8-10 of us from abr are up that way this weekend,may bump into you on the road.good luck with the venture.

all the best with that Gordon
will be working on the 31st so no play for me

well due to snow warnings, all 3 people that had agreed to come with us have pulled out. maybe for the best, looks to be bloody freezing.

will rearrange for another weekend and hopefully may get a little more interest

Ok, I've almost persuaded myself!
Plan A was to go out for a couple of decent length day rides ( then back to a woodburner and warm/soft bed ), plan B was to take the old campervan to either Glencoe or Glencoe for a couple of days skiing ( sensible option )...plan H was to go camping :confused:
So...plan 'H' it probably is :blast, if you don't mind me meeting up somewhere Saturday night that is?
I'll be coming from Elgin direction and won't be able to get away until after lunch so it might be a case of meeting you all on the road somewhere or at Loch Maree.
I'll PM my mobile as I don't do Facebook :D

I know from previous experience that the estate management around the Loch Maree area were an unpleasant lot ( a regular thing for people who had canoed across the loch to climb Slioch to return and find their boats had been smashed up !! ) but I believe that things have drastically improved over the last year.

My partner might come along as pillion but she hates the cold more than I do :rolleyes:

Bollox. But as you say, probably better not to peak too soon.

would love to come along if i'm free when you can rearange

Ive just come back from the west particular round Applecross and Gairloch area doing boat stuff, The roads are badly potholed with the repairs far from sublime - just a heads up.

At little altitude the rain is wet touching on sleet with the forecast for cold conditions this weekend.

Watts fars ma fisky

Back
Top Bottom