Can I play Garmin 590LM audio via Bluetooth connection to Mobile phone ?

Deleted account 210604001

Reaction score
Just wondering if I can remove the problematic bluetooth headset in my helmet. I have a Schuberth C3Pro with SRC system, and custom made earplugs with a standard jack which plug into the SRC collar. In theory this works well, but a) Im fed-up of the helmet for a number of reasons, b) the connection for the jack to the helmet has come loose, and despite one fix by Schuberth it still doesnt work very well.

So, the question is can I get the audio going from the satnav to my phone via BT (having my ultimate ears earplugs plugged into the phone).

Cant seem to get it to work, so interested if anyone has managed this. I can get the audio to be controlled from the garmin, but cant get audio instructions from the garmin to the phone.

I am considering a new flip helmet (not the C4 or the BMW system 7), and the Shoei Neotec 2 is getting good reviews, but have heard a couple of times that the audio is too quiet with the optional comms unit (and I bet you cant plug earplugs into it directly either - but havent checked that).

RBW.

So, the question is can I get the audio going from the satnav to my phone via BT (having my ultimate ears earplugs plugged into the phone).

RBW.

I don't think you can, but one possible solution is to buy a Bluetooth adapter for your wired earplugs and to pair this with the satnav.

Thanks Tomcat, after much googling I'm starting to come to the same conclusion. Good idea re: then bluetooth adapter.

Just thinking the Garmin cradle has a load of leads from it, so another option I might try is to route the speaker out near the tank and then just plug my earplugs directly into the Garmin. (the leads long enough, as long as I dont forget when getting off the bike). Wont get the microphone, but dont really care about talking, just want sound and satnav.

RBW.

Hi RBW,

I have tried using in-ear monitors with a cheap Chinese BT receiver and the crackle/hiss was awful (which prompted me to buy a proper BT headset to see what it should be like) . Buy something half decent.

John

Thanks Beemerboy9, fortunately I have a spare mounting plate for a Scala Q1 which I use on my Scoot daily, and Im going to try that on my Arai helmet (the problematic bluetooth I have is an in collar Schuberth SRC system on a C3 pro). I didnt think I could put the Scala on my Arai as I've just put a Winjammer collar on it to see if that helps with the wind noise (hence wanting a simpler solution), but have managed to fit the Scala mounting plate with a little persuasion.

Got some testing to do as soon as the rain stops :beerjug:

RBW.

Back
Top Bottom