Car hire in Vancouver, help sought please.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fBnGe9HDGBI" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

are the cabriolets in Canada bear proof?

I don't think it makes much difference.

Thank you for the suggestions, I'll certainly look into them both.
The insurance thing intrigues me. Do I just take out the bog standard insurance with the car hire firm and show them my paperwork from the insurance company? Have you had any issues doing this?

All three of my US rentals booked from the UK (twice from Alamo via Netflights and once from Hertz UK) automatically included zero excess insurance :beerjug:

I am from British Columbia and now a UK resident. Canada and the USA are not the same so what works in the US is about as relevant as comparing Canada to the UK when it comes to car rentals.

A soft top in September is a really good idea. I suggest contacting Avis, Budget, and Enterprise car rentals in Vancouver rather than the airport rental agents and getting a quote. Try for a Camero, Mustang or Dodge Challanger. Once you have made the selection then tell them you are flying in and would like to pick it up at the airport. The Sky Train into central Vancouver is also very easy and cheap if you had to.

September in the Rockies can be terrific. Let us know how you get on

Thanx again to everyone for your help and ideas. I tried contacting each company advertised as renting cars from the airport and they all confirmed the same thing, 'No convertibles, even with 7 weeks notice'. In desperation I contacted the 'Guest Services' desk at the hotel we're staying at in Vancouver and they came up with a couple of options. I booked the car today for an eye-watering price but having had a soft top in New England a couple of years ago I know just how much difference it makes to the holiday for both of us.
This is (hopefully) the last big holiday we'll have for a while as we have 2 dogs who are getting old and we're reluctant to leave them for too long, so I decided to bite the bullet and pay the price.

Well, we're back. I realise it's a long shot but if anybody is looking to hire a soft top in Vancouver we were able to book a Mustang through these guys......
www.PacificCarRentals.com

Not cheap and there is an excess for going over the daily mileage allowance but the whole thing worked for us.
I took your advice regarding insurance which saved me the best part of £200 for 8 days so thank you again to evrrybody for your help, I very much appreciate it. :thumb2

Well, we're back. I realise it's a long shot but if anybody is looking to hire a soft top in Vancouver we were able to book a Mustang through these guys......
www.PacificCarRentals.com

Not cheap and there is an excess for going over the daily mileage allowance but the whole thing worked for us.
I took your advice regarding insurance which saved me the best part of £200 for 8 days so thank you again to evrrybody for your help, I very much appreciate it. :thumb2

Re being parky up country ... We had light snow heading over to Jasper but , the day after we left (a week ago now) southern Alberta had 45cm of it!

We had 3 inches of snow in Banff when we were there sandwiched by 24 degrees C in Vancouver at either end of the trip.

Back
Top Bottom