cyclops led

Pauly S

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The colour i can find for this LED bulb is 5700k. do we think thats too blue? i found one in the US. its a long way to send it back.Anybody any experience? ive had a hid on my last bike, but cant remember what K it was. it was a really white light, but not blueish at all.Any ideas?

I’ve got a pair of cheap Chinese U5/U7 long range spots. They are stated to be 6000K but they are not too white.
TBH, I thought they would be too blue but at the price I wasn’t arguing. They turned out fine.

5500 is almost daylight equivalent. I have 6k led on my dipped beam and it's still very white.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I meant to write the U5/U7s are “not too blue” but you get my drift.
The mountings are over styled but are easily trimmed down or the lamps can be fitted with different mounts.

ok thanks guys! im going to sell my full HID kit from MR wassell. i simply cant be arsed to fit it all on.LED time.

If you go LED get the fan cooled type. The non shiny end is conveniently smaller than the passive heat sinks.

ill probably buy the cyclops ones as the module is quite small and will fit inside the headlamp case.

Well ive fitted the cyclops LED to the main beam on the 1200. Isnt the main beam shit? lights up most of the trees rather than the road.Ive put a Les 50 HID in the dip, which isnt bad,apart from the wiring which is a bastid to cable tie up as you cant get your hands in there.The beauty of the cyclops is that there isnt a wad of wiring to zip up and its easy to fit the headlamp in and out.
So anybody drilled there bulb cap to let air into the fan for the cyclops?
Im tempted to strip it down and refit the cyclops as a dip beam and put a hi output h7 halogen in the main beam for what good it is.That way there isnt a wad of wiring to look at.

Led in the dip is what I'd do. Main is terrible and if you adjust it up the dip blinds everyone! For main I've just chucked a couple of spots on and rely on them.

The dip and main are linked, if your main is point at the trees your dip is also way to high.

I use a halogen in my dip because it gives a good cut off and means I can wind it up as high as I can get away with - if you have hid or led in your dip you'll have it lower so you get a bright pool of light right in front of you, and we all know we should be looking further ahead than that.

With my halogen, in the wound up higher dip, I have a further reaching and softer pool of light and with and LED in the main it punches further, because it’s pointing higher, and the bright spot is further away, where your eyes need to be.

If you over light the foreground on a hexhead the main will never compete or be of use

The other advantage of this set up is, the main is not often on for long periods so less cooling issues

The dip and main are linked, if your main is point at the trees your dip is also way to high.

I use a halogen in my dip because it gives a good cut off and means I can wind it up as high as I can get away with - if you have hid or led in your dip you'll have it lower so you get a bright pool of light right in front of you, and we all know we should be looking further ahead than that.

With my halogen, in the wound up higher dip, I have a further reaching and softer pool of light and with and LED in the main it punches further, because it’s pointing higher, and the bright spot is further away, where your eyes need to be.

If you over light the foreground on a hexhead the main will never compete or be of use

The other advantage of this set up is, the main is not often on for long periods so less cooling issues

The dip beam is fine, its cutting off nicely, but youre right theres no separate adjustment for the main beam,what a shyte idea.Im going to try today to change the cyclops to the dip beam and put a halogen in the main, a reverse of what you say, however the main beam has no real aim, its like a work lamp.So any extra power there is wasted, however the dip beam is quite functional, so LED could be useful there. ill try today and report back.

Report update, ive stripped it all back down again, getting the control unit out of the headlamp shell was a right bastid.Ive tried to put the cyclops LED in the dip beam, but you cant get the bulb cover back on as it hits the fan assy.Its fine in the main beam.So its back to LES's HID in the dip and the cyclops in the main beam. ive tidied the the install right up on the second fit, so im kind of pleased.Im going to check out some Denali spots to replace the crappy oe ones to add the firework display.Thats my next project.

5700k mean the color temp of the bulb is 5,700 degrees kelvin. The higher the number the more blue in the light. The lower the number the more yellow the light. Fog lights are usually more yellow than driving light. 3200K to 4000K for fog lights and 4000K to 7000k for driving lights. In your house, light bulbs are around 3200K. Daylight light bulbs are around 5000K

Ive run LEDs for 18 months now with no back covers -

The main failed just before Dent, and replacements of the passive cooled versions are now heading north of £80!

I picked up a replacement pair with all the electroniky gubbins built in :)

smaller than the original , and back in with no back covers

Back
Top Bottom