Valuation advice please

Gardham67

Reaction score
Hi Im looking for some advice on a valuation for my 59 plate GS 1200.
The reason being its high mileage and Im not sure how much this will hit the value. Ive done some research online and prices range from 5500 to 8000 in dealers for really low mileage

Im looking to sell it in the next few months and hopefully to someone on here.
The bike is as follows

2009 59 plate BMW GS 1200 in silver. It is currently showing 65,000 miles. The bike previously belonged to Mistacat of this parish who did the majority of the miles from 6000 miles up to 59,000 miles. If anyone knows him he is an engineer by trade and builds motorcycles from scratch. He has serviced the bike nearly whole its life and the history would I dare say it better than a BMW one. In the time he owned it he stripped the drive shaft down to service it and even went to the extent of measuring the clutch plate during a service. I have a full folder showing all the work done. Due to his diligence this bike doesn’t not show any signs of its mileage.

Its a non ABS ESA model which is fully functioning. In the two years I have owned it I have replaced both master and slave clutch cylinders with low mileage units both fitted by Mistacat. He continued to service and MOT it during my ownership.
I have also had him decat the original headers and re weld it.

The bike has the following extras fitted which at second hand prices on here would sell for around a 1000 pounds. These are as follows

AFXIED units bought new from Florida when I visited in 2016
Sargent front seat (original too)
Givi AF330 front screen (original too)
Les Wassel custom build bracket HID units main and dipped
Full crash bars upper and lower
Full Vario luggage
Full Cee Baileys luggage bags
BOS carbon can with removable baffle (original as new too)
Maier rear crud catcher
GS steel oil cooler protector
Beak extension
25mm handlebar risers
manual cruise control thingy
handlebar protector extenders
bmw winglets
Alloy adjustable brake and clutch levers
NOCO Genius charging point and battery indicator
it also has recent new pads and recent PR4 trails fitted.

The plate will be put back on the original 59 plate and the sat nav is going on the next bike whatever it may be

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

7565a9d44393accb45cbc9f1dbbf610a.jpg
54726ef39e7b7cfdcf2e581bec17fbfc.jpg

Hi, Nice bike. Not recommended to put your Reg on the internet. Suggest you remonve that pic ASAP. Good luck with the sale.

Path.

That's is remarkable for the miles you can see it's been well looked after

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I just paid 5k for my 2010 53k miler if that helps it's more tatty than yours

I just paid 5k for my 2010 53k miler if that helps it's more tatty than yours

Thanks that gives me a ball park figure. I know it would be easier to strip it but would like to sell as is with all the extras and add a junk on

Mine came with an aftermarket shock and top box extras wise that's it

Google it

Why is it not wise ? :nenau

And I quote
"A number plate is the key to finding out information about the car’s owner, without his or her consent. Of course a number plate is not hidden on a day to day basis, but when a picture of a number plate is on the internet, it’s available for the world to see at any given time.

And you can discover a lot from a number plate. How? There are both legal and illegal ways to discover a person’s name, address and more. This information can be accessed online if you enter the car registration on a certain website, or through paid services.

Private, paid services will dish out information regardless of someone’s background; they simply take a payment and send out the information. Whilst this information isn’t necessarily ground-breaking, for a complete stranger to know your address can be worrying."

Google Street view do it, so it would seem wise to me. However, if you can recruit one hundred people to share their number plates on line we can set up a controlled trial. Can we count on you as the first recruit? :)

Regards,

Path

i guess thats a 5995 bike to take 5500 in the real world :thumb

I was thinking around the same price from what Neo stated he paid. With all the extras I think £5500 is a fair price all round.
This can be bought now then at that price or in the second week of June after it’s done a tour of Bavaria. Will have 67k on it then tho.

And I quote
"A number plate is the key to finding out information about the car’s owner, without his or her consent. Of course a number plate is not hidden on a day to day basis, but when a picture of a number plate is on the internet, it’s available for the world to see at any given time.

And you can discover a lot from a number plate. How? There are both legal and illegal ways to discover a person’s name, address and more. This information can be accessed online if you enter the car registration on a certain website, or through paid services.

Private, paid services will dish out information regardless of someone’s background; they simply take a payment and send out the information. Whilst this information isn’t necessarily ground-breaking, for a complete stranger to know your address can be worrying."

Google Street view do it, so it would seem wise to me. However, if you can recruit one hundred people to share their number plates on line we can set up a controlled trial. Can we count on you as the first recruit? :)

Regards,

Path

Blimey. You are one paranoid fella. There are millions of bikes out there every day. If someone wants to steal or clone a bike they only have to stand at the side of any main road to get a registration number. If they are then that determined to steal it from your home address then they can do the things you refer to (although personally I wouldn't know how to get an address from a registration number from the Internet).

Besides, I followed Wapping's advice of many moon ago and I have a pound of butter in my fridge :thumb2

Ps. Where did you quote from ?

She definitely doesn't look like a 50k+ miles bike, well done.

I think you're spot on with the price, the rest is a matter of luck of finding the buyer. If you're in a rush, you can go a little bit lower but again, that doesn't necessarily means that the buyer will show up either, so stick to your guns.

Back
Top Bottom