Will this work? TFT + Phone + wired ear phones

G&T

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
If I fancy a bit of music whilst on the move I just connect my wired ear phones to the phone. No need for Bluetooth headphones.

Question: Now I have a TFT screen, can I simply pair the phone to the TFT, use the TFT as a control to select whatever music I fancy and the sound is played through the phone which is connected to my ear phones? Again no need for Bluetooth headphones.

Thx
Glenn

I dont think so because it asks for a headset to be connected before you can access the phone

I have load3d music to my Nav5.... assuming you might have one (or the 6) you can Bluetooth music tha5 way and control it via the Nav / wonderwheel.

Thanks fellas. Yes, I have the Nav 5 but was trying to bypass having to load the music on that when it’s already on my phone. Besides I would still need Bluetooth headphones.

You see I’m happy with wired headphones from my phone which would be great to control from TFT screen:thumby:

I dont think so because it asks for a headset to be connected before you can access the phone

Thanks Mick, yep just tried it...you have to have a headset connected to operate media or phone via the TFT screen. So even if you are happy running wired earphones off your phone for music or calls, you can’t do it. Damn!

Thanks Mick, yep just tried it...you have to have a headset connected to operate media or phone via the TFT screen. So even if you are happy running wired earphones off your phone for music or calls, you can’t do it. Damn!

You can buy Bluetooth headset that will fit in your helmet and you'd not even know it was there until you played your music. Media only.
Try it. I think you'll like it !

You can buy Bluetooth headset that will fit in your helmet and you'd not even know it was there until you played your music. Media only.
Try it. I think you'll like it !

Thanks Onahi - looks like that’s my only choice, albeit something else I have to recharge :D Do you have a recommendation of any type? I do prefer using ear bud phones as you can get a more mental sound 😉
Cheers
Glenn

Hi Glenn,
I use a Cardo Scala Q3 set.
Now, With my current set up, Samsung S7 - Nav V and Scala it all works perfect. Nav voice promts, Music from my Phone and phone calls. The music is surprisingly Loud and clear with good base. I love it. REF the battery, I had it running non stop all day, every day, on a Euro trip . The battery is great. Just recharge it at night. Standard USB, same as my phone.
All this has now changed as Ive just bought a Rallye ADV with TFT. So ill see how that goes !!!!!!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cardo-Sc...356972&hash=item237187e14d:g:P7AAAOSwdnZaKqLg

Hi Glenn,
Now, With my current set up, Samsung S7 - Nav V and Scala it all works perfect. Nav voice promts, Music from my Phone and phone calls. The music is surprisingly Loud and clear with good base. I love it. REF the battery, I had it running non stop all day, every day, on a Euro trip . The battery is great. Just recharge it at night. Standard USB, same as my phone.
All this has now changed as Ive just bought a Rallye ADV with TFT. So ill see how that goes !!!!!!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cardo-Sc...356972&hash=item237187e14d:g:P7AAAOSwdnZaKqLg

Thanks Onahi. I just found this at £20. Maybe worth a punt.
Griffin iTrip Clip Bluetooth Headphone Adapter
Bluetooth headphone adaptor that connects your smartphone to your headphones, car stereo or home audio system.

http://https://www.onedirect.co.uk/griffin/griffin-itrip-clip-bluetooth-headphone-adapter?fee=7&fep=109029&gclid=Cj0KCQjwhoLWBRD9ARIsADIRaxTPV2fVKmrJwa3pMScn6tN_gktEqyeHsCH9UinyrLIK6qWf-P4LM5UaAspnEALw_wcB

That would work.
Headphones in a helmet have always been a nightmare for me, They always fell out. Or were very uncomfortable. Let me know how you get on with that Bluetooth connector.

That would work.
Headphones in a helmet have always been a nightmare for me, They always fell out. Or were very uncomfortable. Let me know how you get on with that Bluetooth connector.

Will do..:thumby: Mrs G&T does ride pillion but so far we have seemed to manage. However going forward then the cardo looks good. I do think BMW should have added a choice in the TFT set up of earphone straight from phone :D

Not necessarily the answer to you’re problems, but the Sena S20 has a wired earphone output jack on the unit. Like you, I prefer wired earphones (in my case Ultimate Ear moulded in ear monitors) rather than helmet speakers. In the past this put me off Bluetooth as a way to play music.

But with the Sena, you can plug in earphones, which automatically fits the speakers, or even remove the speakers completely and fit the (supplied by Sena) blanking plug and rely solely on earphones.

I believe some Pactalk units have the same facility.

I haven’t worked out whether I can control music on my phone from thumb wheel on bike if I Bluetooth my phone to the bike. However I can plug in an MP3 player via usb cable, control that with thumb wheel, and Bluetooth bike to Sena units. Then music and satnav come over Bluetooth to Sena, and I can choose whether to use helmet speakers or earphones.

I must also point out, scala q3 does have the 3.5mm Jack to plug directly in your own headphones.

Hi Glenn,

Looking at the Q3 now. Can I play music from my nav 5 while getting navigation instructions and then use my phone to call people?

Back
Top Bottom