Michelin Bib-Mousse

astrro

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After another puncture I’ve decided to fit a pair of Michelin Bib-Mousse.
They’ve been recommended by the very nice guy that fixed the puncture.
Does anyone have any experience with these.
Or an alternative make.
Bikes a wrf450

yes keep them well lubed and dont ride to long on the road and the will last well . sit your bike on a stand when put away as it can cause flat spots

Switched over to michelin bib mousse for the front of a ktm EXC this weekend. Had enough after two punctures on the trails. A pita to get on yourself unless you have 5 to 6 good quality Tyre irons and preferably a tire changer.

Enduro tyres at the link above is the place to get them.

As others have said before - keep them well lubed, monthly maintenance is recommended, also when not in use, keep the bike on an Enduro stand.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Kurien,
What do you class as 'monthly maintenance' ? Is it just a case of popping a bead off to shove more lube in or does it need the tyre removing completely to deep clean.
Tempted to get mousses on my next trail bike so any info appreciated. Thanks.

Kurien,
What do you class as 'monthly maintenance' ? Is it just a case of popping a bead off to shove more lube in or does it need the tyre removing completely to deep clean.
Tempted to get mousses on my next trail bike so any info appreciated. Thanks.
Hi steadysteve, the key is to keep the mousse moist. The recommendation is to be a taken off, cleaned and relubed. The time will depend on use. I would say, the first time around take it out after a month and if still moist then once in two months or longer may work for you. Maintenance (keeping it moist and clean) is important for long life of the mousse.

Just to add, the lube helps to reduce friction between the mousse and the tyre as heat is mousses enemy.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I’ve run mousses for the last 6 years, I always use Michelin and have never lubed them other when fitting them when putting new tyres on. I’ve never seen any deterioration in any of them and they have lasted up to 3 years, in a bike I sold they are now 4 years old and still going strong. I do try and keep road speed down to a max of around 50mph and don’t prolong use on tarmac. Make sure they are fitted with valve stems for the looks of legality.

I’ve run mousses for the last 6 years, I always use Michelin and have never lubed them other when fitting them when putting new tyres on. I’ve never seen any deterioration in any of them and they have lasted up to 3 years, in a bike I sold they are now 4 years old and still going strong. I do try and keep road speed down to a max of around 50mph and don’t prolong use on tarmac. Make sure they are fitted with valve stems for the looks of legality.

Spot on!

:thumb

Yes, wot he said, I run mousses on 3 Bikes, have done for years. Fit them properly - this means lubing the tyre before you fit the mousse, paying attention to the side walls, then fit the mousse, then lube the bit of the mousse that’s showing. Use proper mousse lube, not tyre lube - the bib mousses come with a tube of lube. I’ve never taken them off to lube them except when changing tyres, and I reckon a mousse lasts two tyres depending Also, fit a dummy valve to the rim - enduro tyres sell really good ones. This means you can run compressor up to seat the tyre on the rim properly. 3 tyre irons are ok but use decent ones like these, and a good mouse board, the one I have is some weird Italian male called onlyforfun or something, but you can’t get them anymore. The new rabaconda seems the next best thing.

My top tip is, if it’s really difficult and you’re newly giving yourself a hernia you’re doing something wrong

Does this company really exist? I ordered and paid over £300 for items from them earlier this week. Everyday I got an update saying my order would be delivered next day, that I could reschedule..... you know the usual. Someone sits in for the delivery and each day nothing appears. Phoned Enduro Tyres each time and assured of next day delivery. This morning I even got an email to review my purchases. This evening I called them again. So their courier has lost my parcel. And they'll pop another via the Post Office on Monday. I'm honestly beginning to think it's a scam

Well, it did exist. - I've bought a few tyres, mousses and valves from them and they were always really fast. Wrong address?

Does this company really exist? I ordered and paid over £300 for items from them earlier this week. Everyday I got an update saying my order would be delivered next day, that I could reschedule..... you know the usual. Someone sits in for the delivery and each day nothing appears. Phoned Enduro Tyres each time and assured of next day delivery. This morning I even got an email to review my purchases. This evening I called them again. So their courier has lost my parcel. And they'll pop another via the Post Office on Monday. I'm honestly beginning to think it's a scam

Definitely not a scam

Al Ranger (Owner) is a personnel friend of mine and a top bloke :clap despite the fact he knows me ;)

Definitely not a scam

Al Ranger (Owner) is a personnel friend of mine and a top bloke :clap despite the fact he knows me ;)

That's good to know. Hopefully my order will arrive next week. Doubt if I'll bother using him again though. Would have purchased locally but as he was offering free postage and my local shop was closed I thought it would be worth a go. Got a relative to wait on the for the courier since Tuesday so I'm in the dog house now. Courier apparently "lost" the parcel

They exist and not a scam. Got my order a few weeks ago. Not to worry, they are genuine and good packaging and delivery times. The courier seems to be the weak link there.

As above. Al is a good bloke and 100% on the level.

I’ve used mousses also and never had a problem.

Lather them with cheap mousse lube. Never had one break up. The secret is keeping the mousse sealed from water and crap. Which means a bolt in valve or a tight fitting grommet in the hole.

Just inspect when changing tyres, or once a year.

Of course you don’t want to sit on a motorway with them. And aim for cooling puddles if it’s a hot day .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mousses

The ktm 1190r eats mousses

Attachments

• A8489353-01AF-4751-845A-57D874F68DC5.jpg
    A8489353-01AF-4751-845A-57D874F68DC5.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 208
  • 73FF2DB9-F123-4D5A-BB66-494C4BC7D9B2.jpg
    73FF2DB9-F123-4D5A-BB66-494C4BC7D9B2.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 117
I’ve used em on my 990.

Second pic looks nicked with a lever?