R1150RS tank bag fittings

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirby morgan

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just bought a 2002 R1150RS and was hoping to fit a R1150RT tank bag to the bike.
Seems that the RT headstock fitting is not compatible with the RS yolk.
Anyone got a R1150RS with an OEM tank bag that could take a couple of photos of it fitted.
May have to make up new headstock straps, but would appreciate a look at the original setup before cutting up the RT tank bag.
I'm also looking for a used top box/case to fit the RS if anyones got one they want to sell.

My advice would be that you don't butcher your OEM RT tankbag, but get something like a used Italian Famsa-brand t/bag from off the Bay. It has a padded fabric baseplate that the actual bag zips onto, so that by unzipping the bag except for the last couple of inches of zip run, you can hinge the bag up when you stop for refuelling to access the tank's filler cap.

To fit the bag complete with baseplate you just loop around the headstock for the front attachment, with the usual black woven-plastic adjustable buckled straps and for the back, next your crown jewels, you source a pair of - would-you-believe-it - Ukelele neckstrap plastic hook fitments to go under the rear seam of the tank without damaging the paint which metal hooks would.

https://postimg.org/image/osz647hgt/

May have some tb fittings you could use. From my 11rs. If you fancy a birl down to the 1100 Stena ferry on Thursday, you could pick them up? Would offer to drop them off but we are already pushing it for time. Free, gratis and for nowt.

This is when I am so glad I bought a magnetic tank bag all those years ago. It has gone from my Morini 350, Ducati 900ss (bevel drive), RS100, CS100, and three 1150s.....and is still waterproof 30 odd years later. ;)

Not that that is any consoloation to your RS / RT woes. :aidan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom