LED headligh bulbs.

JJH

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone any knowledge of led h7 bulbs that fit as direct replacement for the standard h7 bulbs without any modifications on a 2014 1200 gsa? JJH

Not in the GS but my experience of experimenting with LED H7's in my Golf was that dip beam was great for illuminating the road but the cutoff was poor and could have resulted in dazzling oncoming drivers. Main beam lacked long range penetration. You really need projector headlamps with these things.

For a guaranteed to work kit look up cyclops. There are many other suppliers but cyclops will stand by their product. You pays you money and takes your choice.

Replace them with Philip Extreme Vision +130% bulbs, had them in my 2011 gsa and in my new GSA plus a number of cars (where they lasted 6 years and 40,000 miles plus ).................... the produce a very white light and an improvement over the standard bulbs yellow tinted glow

Replace them with Philip Extreme Vision +130% bulbs, had them in my 2011 gsa and in my new GSA plus a number of cars (where they lasted 6 years and 40,000 miles plus ).................... the produce a very white light and an improvement over the standard bulbs yellow tinted glow

+1 on the Philips Extreme Vision bulbs - they really improved the headlights on my SV1000S, and at a reasonable cost too.

Back
Top Bottom