Morocco 2018 The Report.

Insurance sorted, cost 67 euro for 10 days cover. Not bad at and it took less than 10 mins to complete. We’re all ready for the off. This is happening!
Easy tack to start with, 2 miles from TanMed straight after filling up.
IMG_0496.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad yer shits cleared up... ;)

Enjoying this... :thumb2

Insurance sorted, cost 67 euro for 10 days cover. Not bad at and it took less than 10 mins to complete. We’re all ready for the off. This is happening!
Easy tack to start with, 2 miles from TanMed straight after filling up.
View attachment 371013

Glad to see they haven't tarmacked that one ....yet :beerjug:

Glad to see they haven't tarmacked that one ....yet :beerjug:

Won’t be long ! They are putting black top down almost everywhere. I think we’ll have to start moving east of Morocco, where the tourists don’t go.

Like I said, easy but of track to start, I’m at the back behind Steve and his bike is smoking a bit, he’s just serviced it maybe just burning off excess oil. As we travel further up the track the dome gets worse.
At the end of that track we have to turn right onto a tarmac road, Steve gets to the junction and there is oil and smoke everywhere.

It turns out that he’s lost his bikes rocker cover some where from the ferry to the junction. His trip is now over.
A way now has to be figured how to get his bike back to the port.
IMG_0497.JPG

It turns out that he’s lost his bikes rocker cover some where from the ferry to the junction. His trip is now over.
A way now has to be figured how to get his bike back to the port.
View attachment 371115

Oh no!!!
That's the exact spot where James realised his Klim jacket fell off the back of his bike never to be seen again despite Bake's valiant search all the way back to the port :blast

Paul D and I decide to take a slow ride back along the track to look for the cover, we spend over an hour looking and go all the way back to the fuel garage.
In the meantime Steve makes a bodge with Abro Steel and a jam jar lid found st the side of the road by Paul R.
We were all genuinely gutted for Steve, he’s a really nice bloke and was so looking forward to this trip.
Paul D’s face says what we were all feeling.
IMG_0498.JPG

We all ride slowly back along the track with Steve to make sure he gets back ok, we get to the tarmac and he insists that we carry on, he’s about 2 miles from the port. We say goodbye to Steve and with genuine heavy hearts we carry on.
A lot of you will know where this is:
IMG_0501.JPG
IMG_0502.JPG
Not many will know where this is:
IMG_0504.JPG

We come off the coast road, there’s a very sharp steep incline this takes us across the top of some fantastic hills (not quite mountains). The track wraps itself tightly around said very large hills, with very steeps drops. The view is breathtaking and it’s just the sort of ride to start the trip, solid riding but not technical in difficulty, there’s a part of the ride towards the end that’s is between bits of land that have been cultivated, they are on steep slopes so they aren’t fields.
The track drops dramatically almost vertical, the cultivation has caused the rain water to make massive trenches in the tracks.
A couple of years ago a rider got stuck in one and it took a couple of us to get his bike out. This year they were so deep I thick Satan would have had to help !
(There’s a point hang on)

Paul D and I decide to take a slow ride back along the track to look for the cover, we spend over an hour looking and go all the way back to the fuel garage.
In the meantime Steve makes a bodge with Abro Steel and a jam jar lid found st the side of the road by Paul R.
We were all genuinely gutted for Steve, he’s a really nice bloke and was so looking forward to this trip.
Paul D’s face says what we were all feeling.
View attachment 371117

Indeed, this did take the edge of the excitement of the day. Unfortunately we were looking for a grey inspection cover in the land of grey rocks. Gutted for Steve, hopefully he will up for a second try next year - :thumb2

Pdiddy Your “The goat trail of doom 2018”on YT looks fun :thumb2

At the start of the “ruts of doom” I stop and get ready, I put my right foot down to steady myself, there’s nothing there! Too late to counter balance it I’m coming off, the fall to the right is steep and I just instinctively jump off the bike, tuck my head in and hit the ground then roll down the hill.
I get up and all I can see is Paul R pissing himself laughing. I slowly walk back to the bike, I’m fine, bike is laying at 45 degrees in the field. There’s no way I can pick it up on my own. Paul R to the rescue (when he finally stops laughing).

So Paul and I finally right the bike, I notice that my brake level has snapped, not just at the weak point but at bolt hole. Bit pissed off I slowly pick my way down the track to the bottom.
On inspection it’s totally fucked, I’ve got a spare clutch lever but they don’t match the break lever. I decide to try and find a metalwork shop and get it modified. That’s what the picture is.
Short version is we are there hours, the guy is trying his best and won’t be beat. As time moves on the two Paul’s decide to go to the hotel to make sure we don’t loose our pre-booked rooms.

It’s getting dark and he wants to bring out some Arc lights to see. Enough is enough, I thank him give him 20 euro (that’s all he wanted), and head to the hotel with 10% front breaks, but not for long.
On the way I see Paul D, he’s come back to make sure I’m good, we get to the hotel. Apparently they have no record of our booking and they have no rooms.
I’d pre-booked the rooms an had the email (somewhere). It was cold and dark, I couldn’t get on their WIFI, so the manager magic’s 3 rooms for 700DM each inc meal & breakfast. We paid the guy and went to our rooms.

Pdiddy Your “The goat trail of doom 2018”on YT looks fun :thumb2

Wasn’t fun at all ! It took three hours to do three miles.
Before you say it: “I had a bike like that”

We were being passed by children with donkeys and goats and that’s the truth!

We get to our cold shit rooms for 700DM, I log on to the WiFi and find my email that says they will do the rooms for 550DM each inc dinner & breakfast.
The two Paul’s D&R are sitting in reception with a cool bottle of Casablanca each:
IMG_0554.JPG

Back
Top Bottom