Morocco 2018 The Report.

I fell off on the way down the mountain, I forgot I didn’t have a front brake, panicked and over compensated the rear brake and the bike slid away from me, I just managed to step off it so no harm done. I got to the bottom and the two Pauls were pissing them selves laughing (twats).

Eventually we get to a small town called Ksar Tazougart, we don’t hang about here as normally you get loads of kids asking for money and touching the bike. We hit the highway for a short ride before we hit the desert again.

The route from Beni Shithole should have been about 130 miles and some very nice desert riding, like this:

Attachments

• AD67896C-E655-4D04-8DD9-C244D3B8379C.jpeg
    AD67896C-E655-4D04-8DD9-C244D3B8379C.jpeg
    242.5 KB · Views: 344
  • BBB6A241-E9B3-42AD-BEE9-0B6FDF2B3A29.jpg
    BBB6A241-E9B3-42AD-BEE9-0B6FDF2B3A29.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 325
So the plan was simple, don’t stay in Beni Tagite but blat through, and onward into the desert. Making a point NOT to let Paul D stop anywhere in the town for a shit (now that’s a story from 2014).

There's a life lesson in the sordid tale of the cafe's toilet in Beni Tagite .... always check the plumbing is connected before unloading :D

From Ksar Tazougart we ride towards the desert highway and we stay on that for only 10 mins heading towards the town of Bouderib we take a right off the highway onto a small track, I've ridden this track three times before and it is one of the hardest rides but one of the greatest rides you'll do in Morocco, it gives you a real sense of vast the desert is and how alone you can feel. Most of the ride is on hard stony ground that shakes you and the bike to the core. Unfortunately for us it didn't happen we had to turn back 15 mins into the ride and take the tarmac to our destination, give me the desert anytime ! My arse was killing me after the tarmac route.
The screenshot next shows the point at which we had to turn back, you can see clearly on the Michelin map that there is a tack.

What we actually saw was that the track had been dug up and a farm area was being constructed. Here's a screen shot of the area as we was it, this is a satellite image from this year.

So we turned on our tails and hit the road. Here are some boring stats for you about Day 4:

271 mile ridden
11 hrs we were out that day
8 hrs we were riding
3 hrs worth of stops. Mainly for me to pick my bike up. Did I mention I didn't have a front brake from Day 1?
41 MPH was our average moving speed
81 MPH was our max speed

From Ksar Tazougart we ride towards the desert highway and we stay on that for only 10 mins heading towards the town of Bouderib we take a right off the highway onto a small track, I've ridden this track three times before and it is one of the hardest rides but one of the greatest rides you'll do in Morocco, it gives you a real sense of vast the desert is and how alone you can feel. Most of the ride is on hard stony ground that shakes you and the bike to the core. Unfortunately for us it didn't happen we had to turn back 15 mins into the ride and take the tarmac to our destination, give me the desert anytime ! My arse was killing me after the tarmac route.
The screenshot next shows the point at which we had to turn back, you can see clearly on the Michelin map that there is a tack.

Will be back here in early October, have a trail away from the new farm so no need to take the tarmac

We took a break at Aoufous, took a pic of the palmaries.

Attachments

• 4E279187-E5CB-43EB-A8F4-F821ED97E094.jpg
    4E279187-E5CB-43EB-A8F4-F821ED97E094.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 296
We get to Erg Chebbi about 5:30pm I'd booked the Auberge Café du Sud, what a really nice place it cost us 40 Euro per night inc breakfast and evening meal, they even sent out a runner to get us beers. We stayed 2 nights and used our rest day to play in the sand.

http://www.aubergedusud.com/

Rooms were clean, big and new, water wasn’t the hottest but it was just good to get showered. Some pics of my room.

Attachments

• A18FA1B1-3A80-4096-85DF-F7B18E2BAE6A.jpg
    A18FA1B1-3A80-4096-85DF-F7B18E2BAE6A.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 267
Pic 2
442f73b887966acef0012a7f565f7470.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We had a very nice relaxing meal around the pool, a couple of beers each and a very good sleep. What a long day that was !! Next day is our rest day, so that should be easy. Fucking wasn’t !!!

133f0211e82cdf2d0c45266e58918a12.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom