Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Morocco 2018 The Report.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quick digression: I think I said this last year in the RR I didn’t finish.

Paul D is happily tucking into the peanuts and fish (plus feeding a bloody cat some fish), when I say too him, “paul, I thought you were allergic to nuts”. “I am” he replies. “But your eating the peanuts” I retort, “yes, I can eat these, I can’t eat normal peanuts” he says. I say “fuck, Paul how do you know and why would you risk it?” Paul smiles and says “I like them, plus I’ve got my Epipen with me.

There are 5 types of peanut:
    Spanish
    Runner
    Virginia
    Valencia
    Tennessee Red

Everyday is a school day.

So in the hotel bar last year.

One of the Pauls says out of the blue “do you think she’s on the game?” We all look at him confused. He nods to the bar. We all turn to look and sitting on a bar stool is a woman in a short skirt and open (ish) top smoking and having a beer, she seem to be getting a lot of attention. After much discussion and virtual deceive work we come to the conclusion that she is defiantly on the game, the fact that she hasn’t moved all night is down to it being a Tuesday and she’s As ugly as fuck. Messers Sherlock, Poirot, Kojak & DCI Fingers have performed an excellent job.

Back to 2018. Sorry about that.

So we say goodbye to the old fella by the fire and go into the dinning room, which is fucking freezing after we’ve been parked on top of the fire for a couple of hours. The very pretty waitress doesn’t speak very good English so she gets her boss, her boss comes out and takes our orders, I had steak, Paul D had lamb chops not sure what Paul R had but I do know he didn’t get the pork steak he wanted. I’m sure Paul D will post some pics of his food.
    Again I don’t know which Paul it was who said it but one of them says something like “you know who that is don’t you?” “Who” we say, “that woman who just took our order” he says.
    Turns out the Brass from last year isn’t a nymph of the night or a meat puppet she’s the restraunt manager, she was probably on her night off last year when we saw her, she was getting so much attention because everyone knew her from working their.

The Cedars hotel

Name:  IMG_0743.JPG
Views: 99
Size:  236.7 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had what was listed as beef from the limited menu, it wasn't bad just a little tough.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Although the burger from lunch was far better.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by ButtonMoon View Post
    The Cedars hotel

Name:  IMG_0743.JPG
Views: 99
Size:  236.7 KB

Like you say, shit hole handy for town though. Panorama is ok as it has a bar, we stayed somewhere very posh out of town last year I forget the name offhand, it had peacocks and thankfully no Moroccan hookers
    KEA

We were up early and had breakfast, if you can call it breakfast bread, olive oil apricot jam and the worst coffee of the trip. Generally speaking every time we stopped on this trip we had some really good coffee.
    Bikes packed and ready to roll, it’s about 9am and the weather is bright but a little chilly, which is perfect. I’ve said this before but this is my favourite day, it’s a long day but the riding is magnificent, this year the pace was fast due to the lack of mud. Well, for some of us there wasn’t a problem with mud

No drones allowed in Morocco

I meant to say this at the start of the RR, when we were going though customs at Tan Med we were asked if we were carrying firearms and drones, the officer who stopped me asked a number of times if I was carrying a drone.
    Not sure if they are officially banned in Morocco or whether he just wanted something for his kids.

Here we are in the edge of the forest:
    Name:  IMG_0521.JPG
Views: 10
Size:  198.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_0522.JPG
Views: 10
Size:  213.0 KB
    I remember more trees last year.

We get to the part of the ride if been dreading, there is a massive hill climb, you think you’ve got the measure of the climb then when you least expect it it becomes steeper, then it bites you in the arse!
    First time I tried this was in 2016 and it was so muddy and I came off, 2017 I struggled to get up because I’d stopped to help Paul R, would I make it this year.
    Here are some pics from 2016:
    “Yes, we are going up there” Tim said in 2016
    Name:  IMG_4630.JPG
Views: 0
Size:  240.3 KB

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

In 2016 I finally made it to the top and took this pic, Bri, Toddy and Dave making their way up slowly.
    Name:  IMG_4632.JPG
Views: 0
Size:  189.9 KB
    Oh yes, plus a very irate Frenchman in a funny yellow car, in fact when we all got to the top there was a number of irate Frenchmen in funny cars (clown convention maybe?)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456