Morocco 2018 The Report.

ButtonMoon

Reaction score
It starts again. Another trip to that wonderful place that is Morocco. We were 6 we are now 4. Never mind that we’ll have fun.
Who are we?
ButtonMoon (me)
Pdiddy
SteveBrown
Paul R (not on here)

It starts again. Another trip to that wonderful place that is Morocco. We were 6 we are now 4. Never mind that we’ll have fun.
Who are we?
ButtonMoon (me)
Pdiddy
SteveBrown
Paul R (not on here)

Hi Buddy hope ya well, looking forward to the updates on this trip, just one question how the ferk do you loose 2 out of 6 on day one, were you leading again? 🤪

LOL !
We lost 2 due to other commitments, then we decided just to ride as 4. More ground covered and some new routes.

Hi Buddy hope ya well, looking forward to the updates on this trip, just one question how the ferk do you loose 2 out of 6 on day one, were you leading again? 🤪

Have a great ride Mark and sorry I couldn't join you :beerjug:
Looking forward to seeing pics and a ride report:thumb

R we there yet..

Travel safely...

Got to the ferry at Portsmouth really early, it was good Friday so wasn’t sure what the traffic would be like.
Checks in and a bored official decides to check the length of the van. It’s too long. When I booked the van I said it was for 6 bikes, I booked the ferry for a 6.5mtr van. I was given I XLB Sprinter, it’s 6.95mtr long apparently. £200 later I’m on the ferry!
Well if that’s all that goes wrong it should be a good trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_0459.JPG
Van on ferry, bar is open. It was a rough crossing (apparently), wakes up, had breakfast watched some movies.

IMG_0462.JPG
Word to the wise. Buy two pints at a time then you don’t have to queue. Also when you keep going back to the bar you can roll your eyes and say. My round again.

It gets worse. 4 became 3 on the first day. Then 3 almost became 2 on the very same day. Read on...

ButtonMoon I love your ride reports, if ever a guy had his feet on the ground and was realistic it's you!!:thumby:

ButtonMoon I love your ride reports, if ever a guy had his feet on the ground and was realistic it's you!!:thumby:

Your right there fella, one of the nicest down to earth blokes I’ve ever met, but watch him after a full night of falling down water

Unlucky with the van length, I've never heard of anyone getting pulled for that?
Everyone I know always knocks the odd meter off.

Unlucky with the van length, I've never heard of anyone getting pulled for that?
Everyone I know always knocks the odd meter off.

Happens all the time, the pretty girl comes out with her measuring devise and tells you it's longer than you thought.....something ButtonMoon probably doesn't hear very often :D

Crossing was ok, I’m hoping the same quiz is on during the return trip, I might be in with a chance.
IMG_0464.JPG

Finally we arrive at Santander, I’m quick on my feet and the first to the vans. Yes, I was one of the last off and yes I got stopped and searched (same last year). Ferry gets in at 5:30pm I drive out of the port at 7pm. Never mind I’m on my way.
IMG_0467.JPG

Last couple of times I’ve done this trip I’ve stopped in a small town called Formista. Once with Tim & Mark, then last year with PDiddy.
Very nice place typical northern Spanish town, very friendly although almost no one speaks English.
Formista is a stopping place for the Camino de Santiago pilgrimage trail.
I knew it would be busy so tried to book a hotel but nothing at all.
From last year:IMG_5633.JPGIMG_5637.JPG

Back
Top Bottom