Morocco 2018 The Report.

I go straight to reception and speak to the manager, he says whoever confirmed the price made a mistake, the price we were given was a travel agent rate for bookings of 12 people or more (what a pile of shite).
I say to him, ok but you’ve got to at least give us some money back from the 700 each we’d prepaid.
He said “sir I will gladly give you all of your money back”
“But I must ask you to leave”
So I smile a big wanker of a smile and shake his hand and say in my best northern “yaracunt, see in the morning”.
I go back to the boys and relay my story, Paul R is not happy. He’s been watching everything from the beginning including the manager pocketing the cash we gave him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn’t fun at all ! It took three hours to do three miles.
Before you say it: “I had a bike like that”

We were being passed by children with donkeys and goats and that’s the truth!

It was a tough morning, one to sort the men from the boys - :eek:

I go straight to reception and speak to the manager, he says whoever confirmed the price made a mistake, the price we were given was a travel agent rate for bookings of 12 people or more (what a pile of shite).
I say to him, ok but you’ve got to at least give us some money back from the 700 each we’d prepaid.
He said “sir I will gladly give you all of your money back”
“But I must ask you to leave”
So I smile a big wanker of a smile and shake his hand and say in my best northern “yaracunt, see in the morning”.
I go back to the boys and relay my story, Paul R is not happy. He’s been watching everything from the beginning including the manager pocketing the cash we gave him.

We were stuck between a rock and a thieving twat, little could be done and we had a bed for the night - :mad:

Name of the hotel ?

The Atlas above Chefchaouen, it is a shite hotel with shite food, however it is in a great location with a bar, and at the end of a long day you don't need to battle with the traffic in Chefchaouen.

Hotel was so bad. I tried to open the curtains to look at the view of the town. At some point in the very distant past some little Moroccan had been given the task of painting the room.
Did they strip the room of fixtures & fittings ? Did they fuck! My curtain had been pressed agains the wall shortly after it had been painted and now it was permanently stuck the the window.
View from the other window:
IMG_0505.JPG
In the morning:
IMG_0507.JPG

Apparently Paul R had no sleep during the night because the wrong time zone Chinese guests were up, running about, chatting and banging on doors. Fuck me didn’t he just mentioned it every time we saw a yellow person.

The next day breakfast made me laugh. The dining room was full of Chinese guests. They must of thought that all the Moroccans eat was bread, jam and cucumbers, there were tons of sliced cucumber.

The hotel was that bad. The place that Paul D found us for the last nite was nicer, cleaner, friendlier. That was for 850DM between us that’s £23 each !!! I’ve bought A beer in Iceland for more than that (no not the shop).

Goat trail of doom was day 2. It took hours! Check out Paul D’s vid on FB. I’m sure he’ll put a link up.
We pushed, shoved, lifted, dragged and sometimes rode our bikes through. They must have had so much rain over the last few weeks, the whole tail was completely different. I only took a couple of pics.
IMG_0511.JPG
IMG_0512.JPG

Goat trail of doom was day 2. It took hours! Check out Paul D’s vid on FB. I’m sure he’ll put a link up.
We pushed, shoved, lifted, dragged and sometimes rode our bikes through. They must have had so much rain over the last few weeks, the whole tail was completely different. I only took a couple of pics.
View attachment 371474
View attachment 371475

Looks perfect for a nice trail ride, you should get yourself up to Wales when we have had a few weeks of rain and ride Strata Florida or Happy Valley
:thumb2:thumb2

Looks perfect for a nice trail ride, you should get yourself up to Wales when we have had a few weeks of rain and ride Strata Florida or Happy Valley
:thumb2:thumb2

e01c8ba02546e6a839f379528712f9fb.jpg
8a006b1138956628d4ea46145e2b5c3a.jpg
3b3ad333cccc519c5de0cb358996969f.jpg
46b97ec061bcfc5b3648ef4ac64e99d2.jpg
1cdafce4a3ca7e51fb053d82ec330878.jpg

Normal day on the Wild Welsh Trails ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So it may not be the Strata or some bog in Wales, but the goat trail was not without its challenges this year, and if you drown your bike here that's your trip over with as you cannot just nip to the local KTM dealer for fresh oil and filters - :rolleyes:

Goat trial done, we are all ok, bikes are good, apart from I’ve got not front brake (won’t mention it again) then off we go. We head south towards Azrou, it a bit of a long ride but the weather is sunny but not hot. We stop off at Moqrisset which is a little village still in Chefchaouen Province, have bottle of cola and sweet snacks made from sesame seeds nice but very sweet.

Attachments

• 55A8C751-BF83-4D75-97CE-86B98A33F605.jpg
    55A8C751-BF83-4D75-97CE-86B98A33F605.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 631
We hit the road again, despite the length of time it took on the goat trail we are making good time, we stop for fuel and a bite to eat, we all opt for cheese burger and chips, surprisingly very nice. We pass quickly through the orange groves, passing the roadside sellers at quite a pace, even so the smell of the orange blossom is fantastic and one sell the always reminds me of that beautiful place that is Morocco. That and goat shit ! Everywhere smells of goat shit!
It doesn’t really, whoever it did on my Moroccan trip in 2015, I’d pitched my tent late one evening, I had a nice nights camp and next day packed all my stuff and moved on, throughout the day as it got warmer and warmer all I could smell was goat shit, as the day went on the smell got worse, it wasn’t until my next camp that I noticed I’d pitched the tent on a pile of the stuff.

We get to Azrou about 4pm so not too bad. One thing that is noticeable from last year is how chilly it is, not too cold just a bit fresh. I’d pre-booked the Panorama, which is a nice hotel with a bar so that was the plan settle in, get showered a couple of beers in the bar then a bite to eat.

We checked in, I dumped my stuff in my room and decided to have a shower to warm up. The water was just about warm. I heads down stairs the fire in the front lobby is ablaze and I sit as close to it as I can. I get chatting to the manager and says that if we don’t want to go into the bar (very smokey) we can have our beers next to the fire. :thumb2
The two Pauls com down and we have a couple of beers. In the mean time a old Moroccan fella of about 70 years (bet he wasn’t that old), sat in one of the seats next to us at the fire. At first I thought he was French as he had typical European clothes on, he used to travel and worked all over Europe and the USA, He was born in Azrou and had returned to retire.

I didn’t take any photos of the hotel, here are a couple off the web.
IMG_0009.JPG
IMG_0008.JPG

That was a welcome fire with a couple of welcome beers - :beerjug:

Attachments

• 30740900_10160391169785512_7764089660325756928_n.jpg
    30740900_10160391169785512_7764089660325756928_n.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 543
The guys getting ready for the next leg of our adventure - :thumb2

Attachments

• 30739980_10160391169550512_374807188738146304_n.jpg
    30739980_10160391169550512_374807188738146304_n.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 569
Last year we stated at the shit hole that is the Cedars Hotel in Azrou. We decided that after walking round the town we’d go for a couple of beers at the Panorama Hotel. We walked in to their very smokey bar and live football was on, the place was quite busy and a number of the patrons were pissed.
There is nothing more funny to watch than a couple of pissed Moroccans, they simply can not hold their drink! They were a couple of fellas who’d just left the hotel bar and they could hardly stand, they were arguing with each other but yet keeping each other vertical at the same time.
We’d a two or three beers and the place was filling up, out comes the bar snacks, peanuts and bloody bits of fish !!! Fish, who puts cold fish out as a bar snack ? Roll mop herring in not allowed either !!

Back
Top Bottom