Saturday Run

Jockser

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As is traditional we'll have a wee run out on Saturday, just to give youse an appetite for dinner & fizzy drinks ;)

The run leaves from the hotel carpark at 09.30 sharp. You'll be expected to have a full tank (cos there's very few opportunities to fill up where we're going !) & an empty bladder before setting off. There's fuel not 100m from the hotel so youse have no excuse :p
And, as per the small print on the site, you attend any UKGSer event at your own risk

Which brings us to the most important part of the run - to ensure we don't leave anyone behind & so that everyone can ride at their own pace we will be using the "drop-off system". I always thought this was a fairly easy thing for an adult to grasp but after people fcuking up the Donegal run for their fellow riders by not doing what they were supposed to do I'm putting up this synopsis (stolen from the BMW Club). If, after reading it, you're in any way unsure please come & talk to me or Geraldine or Brian beforehand

"At any junction or deviation, the ride-out leader will signal to the rider immediately behind them to pull in to direct the following riders from a safe and conspicuous position. For reasons of safety one rider and only one rider should stop at each junction. Provided it is safe to do so, that rider should then re-join the ride-out immediately in front of the back-marker"
And DON'T MOVE until the back-marker gets to you :rob
Simples....

This year, for your additional entertainment, we'll be stopping at Kilgarvan Motor Museum for morning coffee, scone & a wee look around. If you're doing the Irish Photo Rally the Kerry point is only 15 minutes away from here so you'd have time to run over, grab it & come back before we leave :thumb

See ya all Friday :aidan

Feck me! a run on Saturday morning. I couldn't run for a bus these days. :D I shall have to go easy on the pop Friday night.

I'm looking forward to this, lets hope we get some decent weather

I should have mentioned there's a 1 mile joy before we get on the bikes. Just to make sure you're all awake :D

I should have mentioned there's a 1 mile joy before we get on the bikes. Just to make sure you're all awake :D
What exactly is a Joy ?? (I have my own ideas ... but it's probably not going to happen at that time )

Feckin predictive :rolleyes:
It was meant to be 'jog' ! But you're probably still confused aren't ya

We're booked for tea & scones at 11.00. You popping in to say hello ?
Thinking of doing a dawn raid down to Kerry alright......have some Tae and a natter.

Sent from a U11

I would love to do that with you. I may get my man to warm up the Lear jet and head over.

After Donegal, definitely worth saying again, and maybe gain and again, and...

If the person behind the leader misses the signal (it can happen when you are eating Jockser's dust) and doesn't stop then the next person should and so on. Just don't pass an unmarked turn, STOP. Then

DON'T MOVE until the back-marker gets to you
Simples....

It saves the back marker doing a ton on bog roads collecting lost tossers :blast

After Donegal, definitely worth saying again, and maybe gain and again, and...

If the person behind the leader misses the signal (it can happen when you are eating Jockser's dust) and doesn't stop then the next person should and so on. Just don't pass an unmarked turn, STOP. Then

DON'T MOVE until the back-marker gets to you
Simples....

It saves the back marker doing a ton on bog roads collecting lost tossers :blast

Sheesh ... You shag ONE sheep! :D

Thinking of doing a dawn raid down to Kerry alright......have some Tae and a natter.
I would love to do that with you. I may get my man to warm up the Lear jet and head over.
Be good to see youse both :thumb

If the person behind the leader misses the signal
And sometimes there isn't a signal cos I'm busy checking left & right and glancing at the GPS in-between :blush

RobertG said:
the next person should and so on. Just don't pass an unmarked turn, STOP.
Good point well made Sir :Aidan
If in doubt it's always better to stop. And stay ! Nobody's ever been bollocked for stopping unnesessarily. Not stopping however :wife

Sheesh ... You shag ONE sheep! :D
Are you sure it was only one ?? You were gone a long time...:pullface

Jockser, I don't have a maoooshive tank on the bike I'm bringing. If memory serves, I'll get 150 miles out of her. Should I pack a fuel can or will there be potential to refill at some point?! I'm assuming there will be fuel available en route on Saturday!

We were cycling the GG bridge today. I should have reschedule my travels to take in this excellent weekend. I hope the sun shines on you all.

Sounds like something the horses trot across in The Curragh.

Sent from a U11

Cant wait

anyone headding down from dublin way in the morning :nenau

See yis all there, have a safe trip down :thumb

We were cycling the GG bridge today. I should have reschedule my travels to take in this excellent weekend. I hope the sun shines on you all.

Hope you are having a great time Pat. See you when you are back this side of the atlantic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom