D955 out of Castellane

Arsey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’ve ridden the Route Napoleon many times,as I have the roads around the Gorge du Verdon.
But coming back to Castellane from the coast today,we ended up following the D955 from Daguinan,through Comps all the way till it merges with the D952 just before Castellane.

What a road,utterly stunning,like a race track with great scenery.

And I was only on a Tmax,but still great fun.

91d7ed05a99d2fc682f412876fa5a8c1.jpg

Aye, I've taken it as far as the D52 and then kept on the D52 back to the Route Napoleon. But very good road, quieter and popular with the sports car drivers :D

I’ve ridden the Route Napoleon many times,as I have the roads around the Gorge du Verdon.
But coming back to Castellane from the coast today,we ended up following the D955 from Daguinan,through Comps all the way till it merges with the D952 just before Castellane.

What a road,utterly stunning,like a race track with great scenery.

And I was only on a Tmax,but still great fun.

91d7ed05a99d2fc682f412876fa5a8c1.jpg

Stunning road isn’t it, fantastic to ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fantastic road, shame our mates zx636r died just after riding it in 2008, but at least he got to do that section of tarmac first!

Great bit of road is that, found on our last trip to Castellane. You are very fortunate to be able to go there as frequently as you do Arsey. A fine place indeed but don’t over play it or every bugger will be wanting to go sssssshhhhhhhh. :D:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom