Nav6 Sena iPhone and Siri

GB.

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I think we can all agree the 4.90 update has been a massive improvement for the nav6. Now I’m not sure if I can do what I want to do but I’ll ask any way. I currently connect the three items as what seems to be the recognised way, phone to nav and sena to nav but not sena to phone. This connects pretty much perfectly every time and I can listen to either the sdcard in the nav or the phone for my music (pending on which source I select on the nav) but when connected like this I can’t seem to use Siri, when I had my Montana satnav, which doesn’t have Bluetooth, I would push the phone button on the sena and that would activate Siri, I would then use Siri as normal, but now I can’t. I have tried connecting sena to phone as an addition to sena to nav and that seems to cock things up everywhere else, like it the media fails to connect on the unit. Is this something I’m just gonna have to live with or have I missed something? The current unit is a 10s but I have a 20evoS arriving today, but I can’t see that making any difference.

We have created a new section, just for this sort of problem.

The GPS section can then be devoted to the needs of bods who would like their GPS device to function like a navigation and routing tool.

I think we can all agree the 4.90 update has been a massive improvement for the nav6. Now I’m not sure if I can do what I want to do but I’ll ask any way. I currently connect the three items as what seems to be the recognised way, phone to nav and sena to nav but not sena to phone. This connects pretty much perfectly every time and I can listen to either the sdcard in the nav or the phone for my music (pending on which source I select on the nav) but when connected like this I can’t seem to use Siri, when I had my Montana satnav, which doesn’t have Bluetooth, I would push the phone button on the sena and that would activate Siri, I would then use Siri as normal, but now I can’t. I have tried connecting sena to phone as an addition to sena to nav and that seems to cock things up everywhere else, like it the media fails to connect on the unit. Is this something I’m just gonna have to live with or have I missed something? The current unit is a 10s but I have a 20evoS arriving today, but I can’t see that making any difference.

I have exactly the same set up. Connected the phone to senna first. Then the satnav to the phone. Then connected the satnav as a secondary Bluetooth connection to the senna. I can’t get the music to play however when I do get is satnav instructions (although I tend to mute these) and calls appear on the screen. However the key thing for me is I can still press the button on the senna and connect to Siri without having to use the satnav which is a pain in the arse an involves taking your eyes off the road. Tend to use this to listen to text messages.
The music isn’t missed. The speakers are rubbish on a senna for music and it’s too distracting for me anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have created a new section, just for this sort of problem.

The GPS section can then be devoted to the needs of bods who would like their GPS device to function like a navigation and routing tool.

Sincerest apologies

I have exactly the same set up. Connected the phone to senna first. Then the satnav to the phone. Then connected the satnav as a secondary Bluetooth connection to the senna. I can’t get the music to play however when I do get is satnav instructions (although I tend to mute these) and calls appear on the screen. However the key thing for me is I can still press the button on the senna and connect to Siri without having to use the satnav which is a pain in the arse an involves taking your eyes off the road. Tend to use this to listen to text messages.
The music isn’t missed. The speakers are rubbish on a senna for music and it’s too distracting for me anyway.

Might seem like a silly question but why not use the Sena as the hub ie link everything to the Sena only?

Intend to listen to music or podcasts a lot when on long trips, so would miss that, I have less calls but more music but I would like both.

Can that but done, seems to easy

I’ve done it on my Nav V (I’m guessing the 6 will be similar?) and can access Siri, phone and Nav via the handlebar remote.

I don’t listen to music on the bike so not sure about that, although the Sena instructions say it is possible.

Just spoken to Sena and this is what they told me. If you use the nav as a hub for the sena and iPhone you can’t use Siri. If you connect the iPhone to the sena, 1st pairing via the phone button and then connect the nav as a 2nd phone you can use Siri but the priorities change and you can’t play music via the sdcard in the nav. I will try different combinations tonight when my new 20sevo arrives. I like the ability to control the music tracks via the jog wheel.

Intend to listen to music or podcasts a lot when on long trips, so would miss that, I have less calls but more music but I would like both.

What about listening to music and podcasts from the phone? Still not ideal I know and you’d need space on the phone of course, but you could control it with Siri.

Yes, that is an option, if you can control it via the wheel it would be a good compromise

Finally got a setting I'm happy with. This is how I've connected my Nav and iPhone etc. On my sena20S i paired the iPhone using the phone pairing as per senas instructions, I then paired my iPhone with the Nav then paired the nav with the sena as a second phone using the jog dial. This set up has given me control of any music on the sdcard with the jog wheel, and lets me use siri by pressing the phone button on the sena. If i play music through the nav using the iPhone as its source it won't let me control music with the wheel only the jog dial on the sena, this is a compromise I can live with as the unit, phone and sena seem to connect every time regardless of the order i switch them on, so all in all I'm happy.

Back
Top Bottom