Africa Twin Adventure Sport

I got the Madstad screen fitted last night and it works really well on the road (after the fitting issues). The fork tunnel air dam had reduced the buffeting, but it was still bad at higher speeds. The Madstad screen has fixed that, even on a first go at adjustment.

Atlas Throttle Lock fitted in 5 minutes.
Thanks to Jonathan at Rugged Roads for great service as always !

4cf96dd93ac022ed396924eb6efce4f7.jpg
adc0d93da1d86d7327e5e30c242bd835.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fTw0_yen4PU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I like that however one question when it's locked can you move the throttle slightly in the locked position to increase speed when running the slightest incline.

It doesn’t actually lock the throttle....it just overcomes the tension in the throttle and you can shut (or open) the throttle as you’d normally do.

Brill :thumb2 the bar end one i have (kaoko) is too much fathing around.

Arsey - cheers for the mini-review :beerjug:

They are as good as it gets for a Mechanical Throttle Lock, and yes, it might seem expensive, but they are beautifully engineered, and very well made.
I've had the first version (single button) on my own bike for the past 3 years, but have now swapped over to this latest version, and they are just so easy and intuitive to use.:D
They are very easy to install - 10 minutes with a teabreak included!! :thumb - the instructions take longer to read than actually fitting the thing! :blast

Just to confirm - even when activated, you can easily increase or decrease your throttle position, as they are friction based :thumb2

For the CRF1000
Atlas Throttle Lock - CRF1000 and CRF1000 Adventure Sport
Top-KitRRlogo.jpg

And for a multitude of other bikes:
Atlas Throttle Lock - Universal Fit
Atlas-Throttle-Lock.jpg

Arsey - cheers for the mini-review :beerjug:

They are as good as it gets for a Mechanical Throttle Lock, and yes, it might seem expensive, but they are beautifully engineered, and very well made.
I've had the first version (single button) on my own bike for the past 3 years, but have now swapped over to this latest version, and they are just so easy and intuitive to use.:D
They are very easy to install - 10 minutes with a teabreak included!! :thumb - the instructions take longer to read than actually fitting the thing! :blast

Just to confirm - even when activated, you can easily increase or decrease your throttle position, as they are friction based :thumb2

For the CRF1000
Atlas Throttle Lock - CRF1000 and CRF1000 Adventure Sport
Top-KitRRlogo.jpg

And for a multitude of other bikes:
Atlas Throttle Lock - Universal Fit
Atlas-Throttle-Lock.jpg

What’s the difference between the one for the ATAS/AT and the Universal Fit as the one you sent me was marked up as universal fit anyway ?

What’s the difference between the one for the ATAS/AT and the Universal Fit as the one you sent me was marked up as universal fit anyway ?

Nothing - we've just listed a Top Mount in the Africa Twin section of our webshop, and the Universal (either Top or Bottom Mount) in the dedicated Atlas Throttle Lock page - makes it easier for a Africa Twin customers to find :D

Nothing - we've just listed a Top Mount in the Africa Twin section of our webshop, and the Universal (either Top or Bottom Mount) in the dedicated Atlas Throttle Lock page - makes it easier for a Africa Twin customers to find :D

Phew !!

Might even get one at some point for the Mikeyboy special !

I must concede it is quite funky and looks like it works very well.

It's one of those rare products that ticks all the boxes - well made, works as it should, and is not complicated.:nenau

Designed by a RTW KTM 640ADV rider a few years ago, so a lot of thought and real-world development has gone into it.:bow

The thing I most like about it, is that you don't really have to think about using it, as the buttons are naturally where your thumb sits, and you can almost subconsciously flick it on and off.:cool:

No - it's never going to compete with a 'true' electronic cruise control - but for long motorway/autoroute/highway use, it's a blessing :D and I can now wave at BMW riders :D:D:D:bounce1

Could not resist it any longer, ordered a ATAS collecting it Tuesday ordered manual with quickshifter, Cntr stand, in white black and grey, saw the colour scheme and had to have one
would have got another tri colour but had the red first then the tri colour so thought id have a change,
roll on Tuesday
Rob

Back
Top Bottom