Africa Twin Adventure Sport

Could not resist it any longer, ordered a ATAS collecting it Tuesday ordered manual with quickshifter, Cntr stand, in white black and grey, saw the colour scheme and had to have one
would have got another tri colour but had the red first then the tri colour so thought id have a change,
roll on Tuesday
Rob

Nice.. Not tempted with the new ktm 790 adventure R?

Nice.. Not tempted with the new ktm 790 adventure R?

No I rode one not for me to be honest the 1290 Adventure S i liked and was thinking of getting one but decided after a long think that ive had 3 Africa twins now and not having any grief maybe another would be on the cards lol

And whats the matter with a manual with quickshifter may i ask young man ?

No I rode one not for me to be honest the 1290 Adventure S i liked and was thinking of getting one but decided after a long think that ive had 3 Africa twins now and not having any grief maybe another would be on the cards lol

And whats the matter with a manual with quickshifter may i ask young man ?

Very nice indeed, pics...... :D

Could not resist it any longer, ordered a ATAS collecting it Tuesday ordered manual with quickshifter, Cntr stand, in white black and grey, saw the colour scheme and had to have one
would have got another tri colour but had the red first then the tri colour so thought id have a change,
roll on Tuesday
Rob
Nice one Rob! I am waiting for the December John Banks special then I'm in Again but DCT love it.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

To be honest Ive tried the DCT 3 times now and at the moment ive got Dobles X-ADV till Tuesday when I collect the ATAS and although in this smaller bike it seems to me to be better its still not right for me so stuck with the manual, I did almost shit myself when presented with the invoice for the quickshifter and Cntr stand, I had the tracker put on as well but that was fitted free of charge !!
Ive just spent the last 2 hours on line buying most of the stuff I had on the old one but in a different colour LOL went with an Akrapovic end can this time rather than a full system, will get this one to Hilltop asap for there magic touch

not sure if anyone has had an adventure sport done if so would be good to hear the results

Rob

I've had our Adventure Hilltop'd - not dyno'd, just plugged in.........yes, I think it feels smoother and low speed snatchy throttle has gone - but nowhere near the 'night and day' difference after having the 2016 CRF1000 Hilltop'd on the dyno. I assume this is because Honda do not run the latest engine quite so lean as the 16/17 models.
I think if I had bought today, I'd fit a Rapidbike Evo instead of Hilltop...........

I've had our Adventure Hilltop'd - not dyno'd, just plugged in.........yes, I think it feels smoother and low speed snatchy throttle has gone - but nowhere near the 'night and day' difference after having the 2016 CRF1000 Hilltop'd on the dyno. I assume this is because Honda do not run the latest engine quite so lean as the 16/17 models.
I think if I had bought today, I'd fit a Rapidbike Evo instead of Hilltop...........

How do you find the overall running of the ATAS compared to the std bike ive read they are smoother but could not tell the difference as ive only ridden the DCT ATAS !!
Rob

The Adventure Sport feels generally smoother, but I did minimal mileage on both bikes before taking them up to Geoff so don't have too much to offer on the engine..........:nenau

The suspension on the 2016 CRF1000 was pretty weak, so we worked with Nitron to develop the shocks and cartridge kits - transformed the feel of it in a good way.

The Adventure Sport was left on stock suspension for a while as it felt OK (not in urgent need of fettling like the 2016 bike) - but now runs with full K-Tech upgrade front & rear, and it feels a lot more responsive but still maintains the Honda 'plushness' if that makes any sense.:thumb

Instruments are better, not so fussy as the 16/17 - auto cancelling indicators take a bit of getting used to, and jumping back onto a standard CRF1000 after riding the Adventure Sport makes it feel a lot more minimal.
Footpegs are larger as standard, I hate the even more useless toolbox that now doubles as a battery cover (so you can't remove it and leave it off), oh, and the biggest difference for me is the slightly altered riding position - it's now just a perfect fit for me :D

Cant wait now getting all un-necessary lol ordered tons of shit for it !!

Idle hands spend too much bloody money LOL

Anyways, what EXACTLY have you ordered...

List please :thumb

Akrapovic End Can
Alarm
Fender Extender
Titax Short Levers
Rim Stickers
Tank pad
Givi Trekker 52 top box
Givi M9 Plate
Seat Pins
Side stand fat foot
Rear brake Resi cover
rear brake enlarger
Batzen screen adjuster
Steble Air horn
Smaller number plate
LED Front Fog lights
Honda fog Light switch
rear pocket thumb screws
Twin USB outlet
Pannier Sticker Kit
Batzen screen adjuster

had the quickshifter
Cntr stand and Tracker fitted by the dealer

got the Drive camera, Nav 6 with TT locking bracket and a couple of other bits from the old bike to go on as well so will be busy next week LOL

I didn't think you could fit a top box to the ATAS Essex ? at least that what my local dealer told me.

I didn't think you could fit a top box to the ATAS Essex ? at least that what my local dealer told me.
You can, just not an official Honda one though. They only list panniers for it. Sw-Motech and Givi do top box setups for it, I have the Givi on mine. Pain in the arse to fit but it's solid.
262b8e54bf00e1f535977574634f72b0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom