Africa Twin Adventure Sport

Mine were also a pain in the nuts getting the screws out was easy pulling the baffles was a proper ball ache they were stuck like shit to a blanket it sounds the dogs doo dahs now with the quick shifter it sounds like one of them yobos in there golf Rs with DCT very addictive

took mine off-roading today
well as off road as it will ever get while I own it LOL

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_3591.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3591.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 364
  • thumbnail_IMG_3592.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3592.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 362
  • thumbnail_IMG_3594.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3594.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 377
that was about 30 foot off the road lol

Has anyone bought the Honda Upper and Lower wind deflectors ? Rugged Roads are doing the set for £75 just wondered if they were worth having,
Rob

Yes I bought one having had one on the last std AT ive changed the screen as well put a std one on with Batzen adjusters and the little perspex front deflectors, as the ATAS one was too tall and I was looking through it, was out on it today and it actually seemed better

New pannier decal kit arrived today

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_3623.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3623.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 308
  • thumbnail_IMG_3624.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3624.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 321
  • thumbnail_IMG_3626.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3626.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 315
  • thumbnail_IMG_3627.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3627.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 318
And just a heads up for those who have not taken their rear wheel off yet, the manual is wrong and has the spacers the wrong way round, if you follow the manual the rear wheel will not spin freely.

Away on my ATAS DCT for the first time this year as two up .
I’d forgotten what a great bike it is.
And with the few farkles-Alpina wheels , Hyper Pro spring kit and Atlas Throttle Lock, it’s probably the best all round ‘adventure bike’ I’ve ever had .
Seem to recall in June 18 that Nutty bet me it would be gone in 12 months . Wrong !!

49c5f83e75cdf80101073dbe8c3edc83.jpg

5358f31e94fbd994291c4dbe791cf715.jpg

And the Bumot Xtremada panniers are definitely the best panniers I’ve used . So versatile and will swallow huge loads if needed.
Perfect for French supermarket shopping . They’ll easily swallow a full French-style bag for life or a case of beer .
Then, when not in use they collapse in quite tight to be unobtrusive. Genius.

Bike looks absolutely fab.....please PM when you decide to sell it Rob ;)

Are those panniers handed ? If not then may I suggest you swap them round as I think the graphics would look better with the text sloping forward rather than rearward :thumb

Unless the graphics have been applied to the wrong panniers.

Bit too bling for me,and you do realise those panniers are shite, Rob ? :)
Or have they improved them since 2016 ?

Have to say that my panniers are fine....yes, they don’t feel like the best quality but they’ve never leaked (unlike my Vario panniers) and do what I need them for and have stood up well in the past 3 1/2 years of trip usage.

I like them. :p

Have to say that my panniers are fine....yes, they don’t feel like the best quality but they’ve never leaked (unlike my Vario panniers) and do what I need them for and have stood up well in the past 3 1/2 years of trip usage.

I like them. :p

I just found them a bit flimsy and the lids sometimes tricky to line up and close .
Bumots all the way from now on .

I used my panniers for only the 2nd or 3rd time last week in over a year, they may not be the best there is but for what I need/use them for they are more than adequate.

I did think the same when I applied them but checked on there web site and they are the correct way round, the panniers are handed but I might try to swap the lids around and see how it looks as they can be

Id prefer a set of top loading panniers but as Davy says and to be honest ive found these to be fine they are waterproof and fairly sturdy and as they only get used twice a year, thats the only reason ive not bought a set, for me a decent size top box is more important as i do carry a load of shite lol

Back
Top Bottom