Africa Twin Adventure Sport

Just at a motorway service station (about 200 miles so far today) now on my way back from Hilltop's after getting my 2017 AT DCT mapped, and I'm fine with the standard screen at a tad over 6ft.. I do have the fork wind blocker but not sure how much difference it makes..
I don't use the rubbish peak on my touratech (schuberth) helmet.

I'm looking at one at present. One thing that annoys me is the outdated lcd style instrument display. When BMW and Triumph are sporting the latest TFT screens, the fact that Honda are putting what many regard as outdated technology on it baffles me. Just my opinion.

I'm looking at one at present. One thing that annoys me is the outdated lcd style instrument display. When BMW and Triumph are sporting the latest TFT screens, the fact that Honda are putting what many regard as outdated technology on it baffles me. Just my opinion.

To keep the costs down for when they shaft you, drop the price £5k on a month long Dealer Special Deal... they know nothing about, to boost sales figures

Just at a motorway service station (about 200 miles so far today) now on my way back from Hilltop's after getting my 2017 AT DCT mapped, and I'm fine with the standard screen at a tad over 6ft.. I do have the fork wind blocker but not sure how much difference it makes..
I don't use the rubbish peak on my touratech (schuberth) helmet.

Hows the remap jojitsu? before and after figures?..going to get mine done in the next few weeks, cheers :beerjug:

When I rode one, the wind blast up via the forks/clocks and from the screen was awful

So much so it put me off the bike, in this respect the bike is unfinished and not fit for my intended purpose of touring

Bit like everyone between 1999 and 2004 with their new R1150GS's , going through numerous screens until everyone agreed that an MRA screen and Torbinators were the only way to get rid of the bloody awful turbulence..

Hows the remap jojitsu? before and after figures?..going to get mine done in the next few weeks, cheers :beerjug:

Unfortunately the dct bikes don't work on the rolling road, because the front wheel isn't moving, the bikes on board computers won't allow the bike to 'accelerate' on the rolling road.. So no power figures...

It was nearly all motorway miles on the way back so not a great test, but to be honest I'm a little disappointed, I can't feel much difference!

Bit like everyone between 1999 and 2004 with their new R1150GS's , going through numerous screens until everyone agreed that an MRA screen and Torbinators were the only way to get rid of the bloody awful turbulence..

Ssshhh, don't go dissing the fabled 1150 to JB !

Unfortunately the dct bikes don't work on the rolling road, because the front wheel isn't moving, the bikes on board computers won't allow the bike to 'accelerate' on the rolling road.. So no power figures...

It was nearly all motorway miles on the way back so not a great test, but to be honest I'm a little disappointed, I can't feel much difference!

Has Geoff (?) done a non DCT AT ? I wonder if he could simply do a copy of that map ? I appreciate he does bespoke maps for every bike

Has Geoff (?) done a non DCT AT ? I wonder if he could simply do a copy of that map ? I appreciate he does bespoke maps for every bike

Yes, apparently so, and I mentioned getting a graph off a non dct bike but I didn't push it and as there was quite a bit going on it never materialised.

Ssshhh, don't go dissing the fabled 1150 to JB !

Not dissing the r1150gs ,I owned one for 9 years but by god the standard gs /adventure screens plus a number of the aftermarket screens and the utterly sh*te standard seat meant that almost everyone had numerous aftermarket combinations of screens, torbinators, gel/Sargeant/Touratech/Wunderlich/kahedo seats and bar risers fitted

Yes I have Ian, And more than happy with all the improvements, even the heated grips work well, :D ,

I was concerned about the heated grips, after reading about 2016/17 bikes having issue with temp, but I have found the ATAS grips to get pretty hot, so quite happy with them.

to be honest I'm a little disappointed, I can't feel much difference!

Interesting, have you emailed hilltop about the disappointment ! We have 2 DCT AT and I was going to have one mapped and run back to back to see the difference however your feedback does not bode confidence.

I saw one at one at Honda Adventure last week as they have just recieved a few to get ready for a promo , both DCT and manual versions. They look a big bike, a little higher than the standard AT and the tank looks as wide as the GSA so its going to be heafty to pick up if it falls.

Yes I have Ian, And more than happy with all the improvements, even the heated grips work well, :D ,

You keep buying the bikes that I want but can't afford ...... I hate you ! However, I'll forgive you if you lend me the AT for a day :D
What has made room for the AT ?

Yes, apparently so, and I mentioned getting a graph off a non dct bike but I didn't push it and as there was quite a bit going on it never materialised.

I’ll ask Mark to forward you a non DCT bike remapping graph.
John S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Interesting, have you emailed hilltop about the disappointment ! We have 2 DCT AT and I was going to have one mapped and run back to back to see the difference however your feedback does not bode confidence.

Maybe it's harder to notice with the DCT as the bike shifts gears for you, maybe my arse is not very sensitive, or maybe not actually seeing the before and after results puts doubts in mind (the bike was simply plugged into a laptop for 20 minutes), but either way, people rave about the instant improvement and that they can feel the difference before they leave the car park and that didn't happen with me.. Not having a go at Hilltop, simply my feeling.

Back
Top Bottom