Africa Twin Adventure Sport

No skid i like them as well in the dry not been caught out in the rain yet done 1700 miles.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

i think there's only me who loves the Dunlops!! its a great Road Tyre, not really pushed it in the wet but dry its amazing

Have to say that I was speculative of the dunlops (wet or dry in the UK) until this heatwave in Germany. Either that or the better road surface. I now have loads of confidence on it as a road tyre once up to temp. Gets really warm and once there, it sticks pretty well. But in the wet they are the pits. Anyhow, looks like I might just make it back from Harz on set, which will mean they last about 7k. Not nearly as good as the contis were on the GS..I will however, be trying different road based tyres when I change

Have to say that I was speculative of the dunlops (wet or dry in the UK) until this heatwave in Germany. Either that or the better road surface. I now have loads of confidence on it as a road tyre once up to temp. Gets really warm and once there, it sticks pretty well. But in the wet they are the pits. Anyhow, looks like I might just make it back from Harz on set, which will mean they last about 7k. Not nearly as good as the contis were on the GS..I will however, be trying different road based tyres when I change

Where’s the ride report & pictures?:augie

Might do that !
Seems a weird item for you guys to sell though ?

Not really ;)

Outside of Honda's European Distribution Centre, we probably hold the largest and widest range of OEM Honda Africa Twin parts (both XRV and CRF) anywhere :clap:clap

How come it looks so small and lithe, but weigh 240+ kg?

They're fantastic looking bikes - the earlier ones too....and I almost bought one, but the tubed tyres were a big no-no for me.

KTM 1190 was the one. Would still like a shot on one of these though.

Happy travels.

D.

They're fantastic looking bikes - the earlier ones too....and I almost bought one, but the tubed tyres were a big no-no for me.

Happy travels.

D.

Actually I was thinking the opposite ! It looks huge, especially in the garage parked next to my 790 !

81b6745be4cbc5cf6941fea88ddd90f3.jpg

Happy travels.

D.

It isn’t small but it sure is far easier to push about in the garage and somehow feels way lighter than my GSA

Done a few miles on the ATAS today (only pissy local stuff).
I'm very impressed with the bike.It really is a huge improvement over my DCT AT from 2016.
The next-generation DCT is fabulous, the stand out feature being the auto blipper, especially in manual mode when you're on the gas !! It's ace.
The riding position seems very much like I had on my old bike, but that was after I fitted tall seat, tall screen and bar risers.The ATAS comes out of the box like that, and I'm sure the ATAS seat is more comfy.
It also seems to have more poke and the new modes which include Power,Engine Breaking and Torque work well.
You don't even need to press the G button, just cycle through Tour/User/Gravel on the Mode button in 2 tics.
Handling is actually very good in the dry on the Dunlops, but I just know what it'll be like in the wet-I've ordered some Pirelli Scorpion Rally STRs off ebay-had to do 2 separate auctions for front and rear but should be here in a few weeks.
I really really wish I could take the bike to Asturias in 3 weeks but really don't have time to get it run in/first service done and won't have luggage capability.
I'm going to wait for the Bumot frames to be available but it looks like timing will just not work.Oh well....1290R instead before it goes..
Pic from today...

bb0ca8cc62286c7f616b0a53159620bd.jpg

I just haven't worked out what these "power/engine breaking/torque stuff is, seems to change depending on what mode you're in and even if it can be set up manually I've no idea how its' done.

I just haven't worked out what these "power/engine breaking/torque stuff is, seems to change depending on what mode you're in and even if it can be set up manually I've no idea how its' done.

I had a quick look in the manual and have now set up USER as P1 EB 1 and T 3.

P is power and has setting 1-3 with 1 being full power and 3 being like a rain mode.
EB is engine braking again 1-3 with 1 being maximum engine braking and 3 minimum
T is Torque and has settings 1-7 from memory.

Again from memory,the default for TOUR is P1/EB2/T6 and GRAVEL is P3/EB3/T6 ie backing off everything.

All of these individual settings can be changed-just use the Torque button on back of left grip to change T values for example....BUT the settings default to something like the above every time you turn ignition back on

But if you set up USER to what ever settings you want, they are stored and remain in the memory when you re-start the bike.

Just to reiterate, the above is from memory as don't have the manual to hand.

So essentially set things up in user mode and just use that mode...correct ? Obviously for the type of riding you do mainly and one can just revert back to tour or gravel when riding to different conditions ?

Done a few miles on the ATAS today (only pissy local stuff).
I'm very impressed with the bike.It really is a huge improvement over my DCT AT from 2016.
The next-generation DCT is fabulous, the stand out feature being the auto blipper, especially in manual mode when you're on the gas !! It's ace.
The riding position seems very much like I had on my old bike, but that was after I fitted tall seat, tall screen and bar risers.The ATAS comes out of the box like that, and I'm sure the ATAS seat is more comfy.
It also seems to have more poke and the new modes which include Power,Engine Breaking and Torque work well.
You don't even need to press the G button, just cycle through Tour/User/Gravel on the Mode button in 2 tics.
Handling is actually very good in the dry on the Dunlops, but I just know what it'll be like in the wet-I've ordered some Pirelli Scorpion Rally STRs off ebay-had to do 2 separate auctions for front and rear but should be here in a few weeks.
I really really wish I could take the bike to Asturias in 3 weeks but really don't have time to get it run in/first service done and won't have luggage capability.
I'm going to wait for the Bumot frames to be available but it looks like timing will just not work.Oh well....1290R instead before it goes..
Pic from today...

bb0ca8cc62286c7f616b0a53159620bd.jpg

Looks good :thumb

Apart from the bag on the back! Didn’t they have a black one? :D

Back
Top Bottom