Africa Twin Adventure Sport

With the higher seat, is there more legroom on the ATAS vs. AT, or are the pegs an equivalent amount higher?

I had the tall seat on my AT and I would say that the standard seat on the ATAS is similar so, yes, more legroom than the standard AT with standard seat.

Might bite the bullet and get a set.

I like the gold rims as standard but not sure when done like this :

45c47e9ed07fdaa2087cb509a525486b.jpg

So I guess blue/gold as per the bike at EICMA is a better bet ?

Thoughts

bc4d86b37bba94b6c389ae05b4b03306.jpg

73f20855d09e795a38286d213719f6e6.jpg

Did you get a price for the wheels ?

Managed to get a look at one of these today and I really like it. Legroom is good with the seat on high, my knees are a bit high on the tank where it bulges out, but some lower pegs will sort that out. The bike looks stunning in the flesh as well, better than the pictures.

Collected mine today.. first non-bmw I've owned for 21 years.. bought my first R1100GS back in the day when "adventure" wasn't a "thing".

I was lucky to nab a 30th anniversary DCT 'Sport.. with a very good discount. will be keeping my old tractor until march probably and then see if i can find someone my height to buy it.. 'as is'.

Ive already priced up a pair of Alpina wheels.. for the new year, for me and my purposes that is by far the most obvious if not essential upgrade.

I went for the Rally Raid gold wheels. I'm very happy with them. Powder coating instead of anodised.

Decided I'm going to get the Alpina wheels in gold with blue hubs and all silver spokes,a bit like this but the actual colour will be a bit darker I think, judging by what I saw at EICMA.

6f8b10e637d975ef0bf460db28886e0d.jpg

Just been out on the bike properly for the first time since I had the Hyperpro springs fitted and it does seem better,not that it was bad before-but it now seems a bit firmer but still compliant.

I went for the standard size 21/18 but the front rim is a little wider - looks strong.

I think I am going to go for the 21/18 also. They seem to be having one or two issues with the 19/17 on DCT bikes, plus I am pretty sure I would struggle to get the bike onto the centre stand with the 19/17 configuration.
Also, I have not had any issues with the handling/roadholding of the bike on the 21/18 rims.

Decided I'm going to get the Alpina wheels in gold with blue hubs and all silver spokes,a bit like this but the actual colour will be a bit darker I think, judging by what I saw at EICMA.

6f8b10e637d975ef0bf460db28886e0d.jpg

Just been out on the bike properly for the first time since I had the Hyperpro springs fitted and it does seem better,not that it was bad before-but it now seems a bit firmer but still compliant.

Flash bastid !

Took me 2 1/2 hours . Would have been 30 mins quicker if it wasn’t for one fiddly bolt that wouldn’t line up .

It’s not actually that difficult and instructions pretty good

Took me 2 1/2 hours . Would have been 30 mins quicker if it wasn’t for one fiddly bolt that wouldn’t line up .

It’s not actually that difficult and instructions pretty good

Did you put new copper crush rings on the exhaust headers when refitting?

Back
Top Bottom