Best screen for 6'4" rider

I don't know many people who are 6'4" !

Its not about your height, you will be amazed what even an inch wider or higher or lower can do to beffeting, trust me I battled that with my Harley, until I found a screen that I could tilt a little forward and all buffeting went away, and the screen was actually way smaller than the original.

I'm 6'4" too, my adventure with a puig extender does the job for me,
Makes it a lot nicer riding for hours without the buffetting I used to get.

I'm 6'4" too, my adventure with a puig extender does the job for me,
Makes it a lot nicer riding for hours without the buffetting I used to get.

Exactly the point I was trying to make, the puig extender lets you push it forward or back to find the comfort zone.

Before you cough up the cash, try some experiments with (very) stiff cardboard or graphics foam core board and gaffa tape. You will need spacers to give a gap between exiting screen and the addition to act as an air spitter. If you find a shape that suits, you'll be able to see if the market has anything similar to offer.

I ran a 08 GSA sorry I know you after a GS screen person - however I am 6'4" - I had a TT screen extender on the top of the GSA screen - did not really need it general running but it made it much more comfortable when running up the motorway or on a long day.

What was the noise/turbulance like at motorway speed? I'd love to get my head into a clear pocket of air. I can sit on the bike for hours at a time but the noise in my lid is what tires me out.

90 mph without earplugs was possible, albeit I wouldn't want to do it for long. Buffeting hasn't been a problem for me: what I'm after is a quiet screen. I sometimes thing the best screen I tried was none at all but the bike looks very strange like that. If you can get a scrap standard screen try taking a jigsaw to it to make a flyscreen.

90 mph without earplugs was possible, albeit I wouldn't want to do it for long. Buffeting hasn't been a problem for me: what I'm after is a quiet screen. I sometimes thing the best screen I tried was none at all but the bike looks very strange like that. If you can get a scrap standard screen try taking a jigsaw to it to make a flyscreen.

Must agree no screen at all is better, but then you have another problem of tired arms, because of the wind pushing on your chest, no screen is graet for bombing around town and the countryside, but if you have to make a really big days riding at speed, that screen really helps.

I like the idea of the wunderlich spoiler thingy. Nice to be able to remove it when it is not needed. Might stick a post in the Irish section and see if anyone has one I could try.

Speaking of no screen, I rode my 1150gsa for a bit without the screen but put it back on due to tired arms! Off to cork on my 20 year old r series- Barbara - tomorrow and I only have a fly screen on that and it is less tiring at speed than the current gs. EVERYTHING else about the gs is superior though but the old girl deserves a good spin.

I like the idea of the wunderlich spoiler thingy. Nice to be able to remove it when it is not needed. Might stick a post in the Irish section and see if anyone has one I could try.

Speaking of no screen, I rode my 1150gsa for a bit without the screen but put it back on due to tired arms! Off to cork on my 20 year old r series- Barbara - tomorrow and I only have a fly screen on that and it is less tiring at speed than the current gs. EVERYTHING else about the gs is superior though but the old girl deserves a good spin.

If you cannot find a Wunderlich screen extender, grab a piece of hard foam and cut it to a wedge style, so it points away from the screen, put a load of tape around it so it does not fly off, and go try it like that, you will see a difference.

But for me the Wunderlich screen extender gives plenty of options, and you keep your cash to buy some screen supports from Mark.

:beerjug:

Remove the screen altogether and fit something like a MachineArtMoto slipscreen or Wunderlich Flowjet, problem solved, no buffeting, smooth air, reduced noise. Takes a few days to get used to it especially on the motorway but I guarantee it'll solve your buffeting problem.

Remove the screen altogether and fit something like a MachineArtMoto slipscreen or Wunderlich Flowjet, problem solved, no buffeting, smooth air, reduced noise. Takes a few days to get used to it especially on the motorway but I guarantee it'll solve your buffeting problem.

At 6ft 4 he is probably a big lad and with no screen on long rides it really pulls on the arms, I reckon this will sort him out.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-Motor...309543&hash=item33dc26ba9a:g:bmgAAOSwsFpaHlYg

I’m on my fourth screen in my attempts to reduce the buffeting to my head, the latest a two part MRA doesn’t seem any better than the high and wide that preceded it. Reluctantly I’ve come to the conclusion that at 6’3” I will have to live with it, or if it really starts to bother me plonk my arse on the passengers seat and get my head down for a while.

I find the MRA X-screen does it for me. I have one on my 1150gs and 1200gs and it gets rid of all the noise and buffeting.

I have it set up so that it squeezes the airflow coming off the top of the screen.

I prefer it to some of the other devices out there, because it is infinitely adjustable and you don't have the huge clamp stuck in your line of sight.

Ian:thumb2

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 333
Well this is interesting, and I did not even think or realise it until tonight when fitting Windshield support brackets from Cymarc, the oem windshield on my 2017 GS LC has a big V cut down the middle, I bet this is why I have no buffeting...............same as one below.

I'm 6'4" and after buying my old 05 GS I was immediately looking at screen options. I tried a laminar lip, waste of time. Same for winglets. What solved it 100% was a Cee Baileys screen bought used. It was lovely, no more vibrating head. Now I'm planning to be back on a GS, Cee Baileys aren't in the bike screen business any more. I'm going to buy whichever screen looks closest to the Cee Baileys profile / height as I know that works.

+ 1 for the Givi Airflow, same height as you cured all issues for me

Good luck

I'm 6'3" and have a 2011 GSA. I bought a touratech deflector on this forum and it improved my comfort no end. If you could try before you buy it would be worth a trial.:thumby:

Back
Top Bottom