Best screen for 6'4" rider

I'm 6'3" and have a 2011 GSA. I bought a touratech deflector on this forum and it improved my comfort no end. If you could try before you buy it would be worth a trial.:thumby:

I used to have one on the GSA screen but found the comfortable sweet spot was very small. It certainly wasn’t promoting “freedom of the open road” espoused by bike adverts.

My mra x screen is well pants !
No matter how I adjust it I still get buffering .
It's better than the original BUT does not solve the problem.
I'm 5'11" .
Interestingly on my previous bike the Suzuki v storm I had the same problem and bought the givi and it worked perfectly I could have my flip helmet up at motorway speeds .
Although I think you sit slightly lower on the Suzuki as well I could just see over the top of the screen.
Hope this helps

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I am 6.4" and recently installed Puig Touring Screen to my r1200gs rallye. I thought that is high enough to stop buffering but is not and unfortunately still getting some wind at top of my helmet. So if someone thinks of getting one I will a advice to get puig screen with deflector.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Traffic turbulence is always an issue and no screen can smooth out already "dirty" air from other vehicles. Motorways are a poor test track to be honest. Try it at night when there is minimal traffic and you'll soon notice how the car ahead stirs it up.

Attachments

• 30516478_10212030129855314_3695105959845167104_o.jpg
    30516478_10212030129855314_3695105959845167104_o.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 288
My issue with screens has never been visor up riding. It’s lateral turbulence I can’t stand. Some are headache inducing. You also need some air across the visor or you’ll be blind when it rains.

By far the best set up I have had was on my 2008 GS with the Givi af330 plus GSA winglets. Serene ride...better than th RT I owned. Next best is on my 2012 GSA standard screen with the xcreen. On th latter the best setting of this in not using it to extend the height of the screen but adjusting it so it is out front with a slightly more accute angle than the main screen. This adjusts the airflow over my head. 90mpg visor up calmness....unless following a car.

Not as good as the Givi set up but close enough.

I am 6’2” by the way.

By far the best set up I have had was on my 2008 GS with the Givi af330 plus GSA winglets. Serene ride...better than th RT I owned. Next best is on my 2012 GSA standard screen with the xcreen. On th latter the best setting of this in not using it to extend the height of the screen but adjusting it so it is out front with a slightly more accute angle than the main screen. This adjusts the airflow over my head. 90mpg visor up calmness....unless following a car.

Not as good as the Givi set up but close enough.

I am 6’2” by the way.

90 miles per gallon, I think i'll get one. :D

Well, I pulled the (very small trigger) and just bought one! I’ll report back. ;)

Well, I've been using this for a while now and honestly, I've not found a sweet spot for it. It moves the turbulence somewhat but it's a bit hit and miss.

Thinking of winglets. See if I can further alter the air flow!!

Any cheap ones on Ebay worth a look? I think I must be looking with the wrong search terms. The chinese make everything but I can't find any. Anyone?

The OEM winglet crack at the mounting holes. I have these. They work well and are a bit taller than OEM. I can't see them improving a head turbulence issue.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-R120...522713&hash=item3b1fa5cb4c:g:8hIAAMXQgJRQ~vss

I'm not close to 6ft 4ins, but gave up with barn door screens. The Givi AF330 solved my turbulence problem. Maybe a taller rider could mount the screen higher with some special brackets.

Well, I've been using this for a while now and honestly, I've not found a sweet spot for it. It moves the turbulence somewhat but it's a bit hit and miss.

Thinking of winglets. See if I can further alter the air flow!!

Any cheap ones on Ebay worth a look? I think I must be looking with the wrong search terms. The chinese make everything but I can't find any. Anyone?

Have a word with Slipscreens, they're very reasonable (and can make you a custom height screen) which is surprising for the Welsh :hide :

https://www.slipscreens.co.uk/

I've had GS/GSA and Honda ST1300 screens from them in various heights.

Back
Top Bottom