Tire fitting in Dublin/Kildare area

KP100

Reaction score
It breaks my heart to give Simon Cottor 40 euro to fit new rubber. On top of buying the things of him.

Is there anywhere that does it cheaper?

Do it yourself. If you come over to my place my 15 year old will do them for €15 to loose wheels. All scratches are free. He’s been helping me for years. JJH

Jesus that's robbery. I used to buy my tyres online (mandp) and then bring the wheels over to a lad just off the Walkinstown roundabout and he'd charge €10 per wheel.

If you haven't already bought the tyres......Maddocks are very competitive for tyres.

I believe Bikeworld charge a standard hourly rate to do tyres.....ride in or loose wheels.

If you're getting both wheels done for €40 ride in/ride out, you will struggle to beat that.

Sent from a U11

Also try Overlanders.

I have had Avon Trailriders fitted to my '07 GSA for 275.
You could make a nice Saturday morning spin out of it.

Sent from a U11

Jesus that's robbery. I used to buy my tyres online (mandp) and then bring the wheels over to a lad just off the Walkinstown roundabout and he'd charge €10 per wheel.
That's 20 quid with you removing and refitting your wheels after dropping them and picking them up.

40 quid sounds like good value to just ride the bike in and have a few cups of coffee.

Sent from a U11

Do it yourself. If you come over to my place my 15 year old will do them for €15 to loose wheels. All scratches are free. He’s been helping me for years. JJH

I might. I used to be well able to fix a puncture while up a mountain riding Enduro races. Never tried it on a tubeless tire though. I expect there would be a few brused knuckles after.
one of these looks like good value if you went in halfs with another local biker. :clap

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Manual-M...721599&hash=item41cf2860f0:g:rlsAAOSweM1aDqQo

To be fair that €40 covers both fitting the new boots and the disposal of the old tyres as well. Personally I'd prefer to pay the few quid extra instead of swapping over the tyres myself and then heading to the local dump to dispose of the old ones (which in itself would incur a cost). But I'm lazy, so that's probably why...:p

If you haven't already bought the tyres......Maddocks are very competitive for tyres.

I believe Bikeworld charge a standard hourly rate to do tyres.....ride in or loose wheels.

If you're getting both wheels done for €40 ride in/ride out, you will struggle to beat that.

Sent from a U11

Sooner piss on my grandmotethers grave. Then piss On her husband. Cunty balls of the highest order.

Just bought this. Sent to parcel motel

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Top-Qual...e-Changer-Tire-Bead-Breaker-Red-/332613125841

All I need is rim protectors and valve tool now. Have levers.

Should buy the gear cheaper than one tire change.

I have no weights on my wheels so im guessing balancing is not going to be a issue .

I dont have a compressor either. But the Topaz up the road in Naas has one.

We have a tire skip at work I think.

Also try Overlanders.

I have had Avon Trailriders fitted to my '07 GSA for 275.
You could make a nice Saturday morning spin out of it.

Sent from a U11

Well, what's the verdict on the trailriders ?

€275 fitted is cheap.

Well, what's the verdict on the trailriders ?

€275 fitted is cheap.
I've had 3 or 4 sets of Trailriders......in my opinion they are an absolutely amazing tyre on the GS.
As soon as my front Pirelli is shot, I'll be going back to the Avons.

As me auld Auntie Nike used to say.......... "just do it"

Sent from a U11

I've had 3 or 4 sets of Trailriders......in my opinion they are an absolutely amazing tyre on the GS.
As soon as my front Pirelli is shot, I'll be going back to the Avons.

As me auld Auntie Nike used to say.......... "just do it"

Sent from a U11

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Good to hear lads. Ordered a set via oponeo.ie at a very good price so will fit them in a few weeks when I go on my trip to Northern Spain

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom