Badlands out, Badlands Pro back in!

Bobbin-Man

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
It appears that Klim having updated the Badlands Pro with the Badlands, have updated again with the .... Badlands Pro :cool: Anyone bought the new one yet? The collar looks a little better than my Badlands which would be a worthwhile improvement.

Stu.

Attachments

• Badlands.jpg
    Badlands.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 360
  • Badlands Pro.jpg
    Badlands Pro.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 367
I have got a new version of the now obsolete model featured in the lower photo and I’m wondering if and when it will soften up a bit?

I’ve just covered my first 1000 miles with it and it’s still feels pretty stiff.

Do they eventually soften up a little bit?

Awesome jacket, I’m sure it must be bullet proof, it feels like a suit of armour at the moment.

No they don’t. I’ve worn mine almost daily for 3 years and it’s still uncomfortably tough. Great for crashes, shite for comfort.

They do loosen up a bit... mines about 4 years old now..... comfy, and less stiff than its was originally

I have the original bad lands pro and that has softened up after about 6 years now but ithas been washed yearly.

I have a new set of badlands trousers having had my originals replaced under warranty and i wore them for the first time at the weekend and the stiffness was noticaeable compared to the jacket.

The cut is very different to my old ones, much narrower in the leg and with adjustment

I think they are better

I have got a new version of the now obsolete model featured in the lower photo and I’m wondering if and when it will soften up a bit?

I’ve just covered my first 1000 miles with it and it’s still feels pretty stiff.

Do they eventually soften up a little bit?

Awesome jacket, I’m sure it must be bullet proof, it feels like a suit of armour at the moment.

Bought mine just after Xmas Batman and yes I would agree its “firm” . I have a bit of background in textiles for the outdoor mkts and the tighter you make the weave, A) durability and abrasion resistance goes up and B ) flexibility goes down. Plus this use of Armacor textiles which sound like aramids will make the jacket stiff.

Only place Im really noticing it is the collar and Ive taken to wearing a necktube.

Washing is unlikely to soften it off as the weave will tighten up during a 30 to 40 deg C wash.

Bought mine just after Xmas Batman and yes I would agree its “firm” . I have a bit of background in textiles for the outdoor mkts and the tighter you make the weave, A) durability and abrasion resistance goes up and B ) flexibility goes down. Plus this use of Armacor textiles which sound like aramids will make the jacket stiff.

Only place Im really noticing it is the collar and Ive taken to wearing a necktube.

Washing is unlikely to soften it off as the weave will tighten up during a 30 to 40 deg C wash.

Washing definitely softened up my Jacket (Grey Badlands 2015 model), can't say I've notices much of a difference in the trousers though. Neck tube in cooler weather, in warm weather open the collar up and pin back with the press studs. I've also replaced all the armour in the Jacket with Forcefield stuff and use a full length separate back protector, which I find a better fit than the D30 fitted as standard.

Back
Top Bottom