Create hospital (and other) waypoints in BaseCamp- Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fagin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi folks, need some help please?

I am wanting to see if it is possible to pre populate a Nav V unit with the exact lat long coordinates of hospital locations that my Blood Bike group will be delivering samples to so that riders can select them as a destination when required.

I have got Garmin Basecamp on my laptop but can’t seem to add just a destination only a complete route?

Any help and advice much appreciated.

::. Edit .:: thread now moved BHT

Go to the GPS section for the answer, they don’t mind which bike you ride.

In our group, we have all our sat nav populated with the authorised routes to every hospital and RV point. We then have these downloadable for Tom Tom and Garmin, so members can populate their own devices if they wish. We stipulate the exact routes once on a job, although getting to the start point or returning, you can use whichever route you want.

In our group, we have all our sat nav populated with the authorised routes to every hospital and RV point. We then have these downloadable for Tom Tom and Garmin, so members can populate their own devices if they wish. We stipulate the exact routes once on a job, although getting to the start point or returning, you can use whichever route you want.

Hi Caspar

What we want to do,is add the various hospitals so that when the Rider is at home they can select the one they need and the Sat Nav can calculate the route for them.

Failing that Fagin, you could ask another NERVS rider to help (e.g. me :D)

If you want to send me the coordinates Zi will set up the favourites and then send them back in avGPD or GPX file you can share with all the garmin users.

Hi Caspar

What we want to do,is add the various hospitals so that when the Rider is at home they can select the one they need and the Sat Nav can calculate the route for them.

Ok, but can't you just go to the menu, click on medical or whatever its called and then all hospitals will be listed? Our controllers will also just txt us the postcode if we are in any doubt for a hospital or location.

Hi folks, need some help please?

I am wanting to see if it is possible to pre populate a Nav V unit with the exact lat long coordinates of hospital locations that my Blood Bike group will be delivering samples to so that riders can select them as a destination when required.

I have got Garmin Basecamp on my laptop but can’t seem to add just a destination only a complete route?

Any help and advice much appreciated.

::. Edit .:: thread now moved BHT

Here’s how:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/swbE6MCsRds" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I guess the problem with the other suggestions of using a post code or the generic built-in hospital waypoints that come with a Garmin is that:

1. A large hospital, like the Royal London, covers several postcodes

2. It relies on the Garmin generic location (probably the front door) as being relevant to medical deliveries, which go “around the back, mate”

Making them yourself can / will be pinpoint accurate

Thanks for all the help folks, I have managed to upload Lat Longs for each location into Basecamp from Google Maps, they have then been added as a waypoint on the Basecamp map and then sent to my Nav V.

Have now just found where they are located on the Nav V (Favourites) and it seems to work fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here’s how:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/swbE6MCsRds" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I guess the problem with the other suggestions of using a post code or the generic built-in hospital waypoints that come with a Garmin is that:

1. A large hospital, like the Royal London, covers several postcodes

2. It relies on the Garmin generic location (probably the front door) as being relevant to medical deliveries, which go “around the back, mate”

Making them yourself can / will be pinpoint accurate

Ah, see your point. We have specific location docs with photos marked where to deliver, and everyone gets a familiarisation ride where they get taken to the main points of deliveries when at a specific hospital, so we only need to get people to the actual hospital :)

I have another Nav V question which has just been asked by another of by Blood Bike groups volunteer.

Sorry for going slightly off topic here folks :rolleyes:

It (the wiring in of a gps cradle onto an RT) was so far removed from ‘How do I create a waypoint’ that I have cut the posts out and created you a fresh thread in the RT section.

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/479110-Powering-a-sat-nav-cradle?p=5036783#post5036783

I have now closed this thread as you have had your original ‘How do I create a wapoint’ question - which itself was moved from another section - answered to your satisfaction.

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom