My St up with Nav Vi

Bails

Reaction score
I have found the garmin Nav VI less than great but have finally got the set up using the following systems.

I have a Virbe XE up front and switched on by the Nav VI, this was the primary reason for purchase of the Nav VI. The Nav is connected to my Sena 20S evo.
I have my Note 8 connected to the Nav .

So I can achieve the following:-

Use playlists on the Note for my music streamed vi the NAV VI
Have my Speed camera app by Sygic running on the Note 8 warning of speed limits and speed and red light cameras..
Phone calls etc via Note 8 with ability to see the call and reject using the Nav Vi

Get directions and map plus other system info from the NAv VI as I ride.

All this info comes via an obtrusive manner, the speed camera and road speed warnings are voice , I have the Nav VI camera warnings on silent as the phone warnings are better and up to date via internet.

All up well pleased.

::. Edit .:: now moved to the Nav 6 section BHT

Great that you are well entertained (and informed) as you hoon your awesome. Aren’t these new sat nav’s great on the 1200 WC?

I have found the garmin Nav VI less than great but have finally got the set up using the following systems.

I have a Virbe XE up front and switched on by the Nav VI, this was the primary reason for purchase of the Nav VI. The Nav is connected to my Sena 20S evo.
I have my Note 8 connected to the Nav .

So I can achieve the following:-

Use playlists on the Note for my music streamed vi the NAV VI
Have my Speed camera app by Sygic running on the Note 8 warning of speed limits and speed and red light cameras..
Phone calls etc via Note 8 with ability to see the call and reject using the Nav Vi

Get directions and map plus other system info from the NAv VI as I ride.

All this info comes via an obtrusive manner, the speed camera and road speed warnings are voice , I have the Nav VI camera warnings on silent as the phone warnings are better and up to date via internet.

All up well pleased.

::. Edit .:: now moved to the Nav 6 section BHT

Must admit I’m not particularly impressed by the Nav Vi either, specially with regards to the traffic camera warnings. Have mine turned off as it’s so limited and basically rubbish. Alerts down almost every street locally to tell me there was a mobile traffic camera there.....once...about 5 years ago!

Interested in how you use the Sygip app. Do you have to open it before each trip, or will just having the alert enabled via Bluetooth be enough for it send a warning to the Senna?

Have my senna connected as the primary Bluetooth connection to the phone as I like being able to engage the voice recognition software by just pressing the phone button on the senna, rather than having to scroll through several screens on the Nav.

I do like the integration with the GS though and it does have a nice screen too. Pity you can’t get it powered by tomtom instead of Garmin!

But that’s about it. For a £500+ unit it’s a bit rubbish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The app has an auto start function. I use another app to start apps I want to run whilst I am mobile.

The app has an auto start function. I use another app to start apps I want to run whilst I am mobile.

Looks like that isn’t on IOS

Still starting it manually is always an option. Ta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom