100gs valves

otruk

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just in the process of fitting a more off road orientated tyre to the 100gs, someone was running it with tubes which I am not a fan of with tubeless tyres. Does anyone know what diameter the valve should be as the hole is 8mm for the valve and most valves seem to be about 12mm or is there a specific size for the 100gs?

Cheers

Get them.from.Motorsports or 'bins. My tyre fitter has none.and.that was my solution.

Thanks, just wondering if its easier to take the hole out to 11.5mm and use the rubber valves.

I use an all metal valvethat is 8mm. Hadsome trouble sourcing them but eventually bought a packet of 20 on ebay. 12mm is for car tyres.

No reason not to put a tube in a tubeless- it even says it the sidewall of most tubeless tires these days.
Not all of these cross spoke rims hold air reliably, mine wont, and the PO might have been using tubes for the same reason.
Not a lot of real sticky road tires in 21" for the front.
Mitas E08s are a modern road carcass with a slightly off road looking tread and a few folks like them on the GS.
Anekee 3s are similar and are excellent and long lasting too, but I have only had them on a Funduro - on my fifth set and best ever tire on this bike.

Drilled the rim to take 11.5 valve, works great, trying out the new Anlas capra x tyres (hope i spelt that right).

Back
Top Bottom