Just wondering if I should....

EVskij

Hand-crafting clients' ideas in real time
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Guys, I know I’ll get some stick for even looking at this but looking to cut down cost of owning my GSA which I love but and wouldn’t want to part with, cos I’ve already spent so much cash on it, but........

I am thinking to get a K1300 GT as an alternative to GSA. Now that GSA is no longer being used for commuting and does 200-300 miles a month and costing an absolute fortune in PCP charges.

Could anybody suggest what to look for when buying one? What is a good price to pay for say 7-8 year old bike with 30k on the clock?

Which spec bike is more desirable and worth looking at and which should be avoided?

Or should I buy TwinCam GS/A instead?

My March ‘17 plate TB GSA apparently worth to the dealer £12500, (if PX’ed against new bike) current milage is 9999.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys, I know I’ll get some stick for even looking at this but looking to cut down cost of owning my GSA which I love but and wouldn’t want to part with, cos I’ve already spent so much cash on it, but........

I am thinking to get a K1300 GT as an alternative to GSA. Now that GSA is no longer being used for commuting and does 200-300 miles a month and costing an absolute fortune in PCP charges.

Could anybody suggest what to look for when buying one? What is a good price to pay for say 7-8 year old bike with 30k on the clock?

Which spec bike is more desirable and worth looking at and which should be avoided?

Or should I buy TwinCam GS/A instead?

My March ‘17 plate TB GSA apparently worth to the dealer £12500, (if PX’ed against new bike) current milage is 9999.

I'm also considering a GT or even a Trophy. The GT's seem to hold their value really well and Biketrader only has around half a dozen for sale nationally. 6 grand gets a nice SE with all the standard farkles and reasonable mileage.

My neighbour had one until 2 years ago. He recommended me taking one out as he loathed the crashing gearbox with a passion and he swopped it for an RT. That said, he reckons as a European mile muncher, not much could top it. There's a dedicated forum for the K series where you'll find all the info you need. Sorry but can't paste a link at the moment!

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk

£12.5k for your GSA seems a bit low even for a dealer.

I'm also considering a GT or even a Trophy. The GT's seem to hold their value really well and Biketrader only has around half a dozen for sale nationally. 6 grand gets a nice SE with all the standard farkles and reasonable mileage.

My neighbour had one until 2 years ago. He recommended me taking one out as he loathed the crashing gearbox with a passion and he swopped it for an RT. That said, he reckons as a European mile muncher, not much could top it. There's a dedicated forum for the K series where you'll find all the info you need. Sorry but can't paste a link at the moment!

Take a look at http://eurokclub.bike

Most recommend the extended warranty because they get very expensive when they go wrong.

Most recommend the extended warranty because they get very expensive when they go wrong.

What are the common things that go wrong?

I got mine as you describe from this parish... happy to share experience over the phone if you want to pm me. Wasn't happy until I added a top screen, just lowered the pegs, riz the bars and sat a Sergeant on it.... now it is blistering good ol' boy ! More toys than you need but a cold bike compared to my Pan. I am very pleased with it, if you are a tall rider they have a reputation for being quite small in the leg. I wanted proper cooling hence a k over the RT.

I got mine as you describe from this parish... happy to share experience over the phone if you want to pm me. Wasn't happy until I added a top screen, just lowered the pegs, riz the bars and sat a Sergeant on it.... now it is blistering good ol' boy ! More toys than you need but a cold bike compared to my Pan. I am very pleased with it, if you are a tall rider they have a reputation for being quite small in the leg. I wanted proper cooling hence a k over the RT.

Hi pall,

Yes I am tall 6’3” with rather long legs too same applies to my arms. A bit of a knuckle dragging orangutang some may suggest.
However I know that one thing K1300GT has to offer is that it has built in handle bar height adjustment. Without having a go on one, I can not say how comfortable I would be riding it. It be great to be able to test ride one but all of the ones I can see for sale are over 150 miles away.

When you say it is “a cold bike”, what do you mean by that?

Thank you

EV

The air stream provides little body protection. My next upgrade ..... this is supposed to be a fecking bm! Will be one screen. Deffo suggest you try one but you get a lot of bike for relatively little. Happy if you wanna try mine. I am in Sussex Midhurst. Ps not for sale yet!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The air stream provides little body protection. My next upgrade ..... this is supposed to be a fecking bm! Will be one screen. Deffo suggest you try one but you get a lot of bike for relatively little. Happy if you wanna try mine. I am in Sussex Midhurst. Ps not for sale yet!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

If I was to try yours, I would have to make a day trip of it.......I am in Hertfordshire.... will let you know when I can make it if I like it, I may make you an offer you can’t refuse 🤣

Radiators, ball joints, ESA, clutches, throttle bodies, switch gear and final drive.

FOOK! quite a bit then?!

Reading the bumf around the K, the one thing everyone recommends is a warranty of some description, as they're hugely expensive when stuff goes wrong. Unless you're a grease monkey ( sorry, orangutan :) ) that is. I don't know one end of a spanner from another, so a warranty is a must on something so complex.

Doing the reading is really making me wonder whether I really want to get rid of my simple v twin, with no bells or whistles.

Reading the bumf around the K, the one thing everyone recommends is a warranty of some description, as they're hugely expensive when stuff goes wrong. Unless you're a grease monkey ( sorry, orangutan :) ) that is. I don't know one end of a spanner from another, so a warranty is a must on something so complex.

Doing the reading is really making me wonder whether I really want to get rid of my simple v twin, with no bells or whistles.

I shall look in depth at it over the weekend, but comments like yours, aren’t confidence inspiring.

Back
Top Bottom