50th Anniversary

Posh Pete

Still got a pulse.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Of the death of Jimmy Clark. Arguably, the greatest natural driver ever to drift a Lotus Cortina on three wheels! My boyhood hero also so the chance to have a wee birl over the Lammemuirs to a.display of.some.of his cars was not .to be missed. A few pics

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 240
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 251
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 246
A few more ...

Attachments

• photo 3-2.JPG
    photo 3-2.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 241
  • photo 4-2.JPG
    photo 4-2.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 238
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 242
  • photo 1-2.JPG
    photo 1-2.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 240
Of the death of Jimmy Clark. Arguably, the greatest natural driver ever to drift a Lotus Cortina on three wheels! My boyhood hero also so the chance to have a wee birl over the Lammemuirs to a.display of.some.of his cars was not .to be missed. A few pics

Mine too.
Thanks for posting.
Remember seeing him going round South Bank at Brands with just the offside front in contact with the track - rears about 6” off the track and the nearside front more!

Mark 1 Cortina. Would have loved one as a youngster. Thanks for posting.

Before I went on a trip that was to include Indianapolis, I was talking to Iain Duffus and he suggested that if I was going to the Motor Speedway, I should talk to the elderly ladies on the desk in the museum and ask them about Jim Clark as they'd known him. Unfortunately, his Indy 500 winning car wasn't there as it had gone back to Ford for some anniversary celebration. However, the ladies behind the desk were happy to talk about "Jimmy" and keen to point out what a gentleman he was.

Also, on the bus tour around the track was an older guy who'd seen him race at the Speedway. He reminisced over how JC was the first driver he'd ever seen hold a slide on the banking. He said the before him, anyone who lost the rear end would spin out into the wall but Clark downshifted, held the slide and powered onto the straight.

I was flying a Saltire on the back of Earache's Pan and the only guy who commented on knowing what it was, was an older hippy from SF in a VW Jetta. He came up to me in a gas station in Denver and said, "Jim Clark was my hero....".

Back
Top Bottom