Duffys Motorrad Dublin

Hatcho

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just had my 2016 R1200GS TB in for it's 10k km service with Duffys in Finglas, and have to say I'm quite happy with the whole process. I'd heard a few not so flattering stories, and more recently heard a very positive story from another GS rider. So reckoned the best thing to do was to go find out for myself. The only dealer options in Ireland are Duffys in Dublin and Kearys in Cork, which is about a 3 hour ride away so not exactly convenient from my location.

Bike was due to be serviced on the Tuesday after Easter, but I dropped it into Duffys the Saturday before, as I knew Tuesday would be mad busy in work after the BH weekend. Fork recall issue was sorted along with the usual bits for the 10k km service. Bike was also given a 'BMW health check' and found to be in good health (always nice to know). Bike picked up on Thursday when the sun was shining :thumb2. Full cost of service was a touch over €200 which I was quite happy with. So far, I haven't encountered the 'running a Beemer will bankrupt you' issue, despite all the accessory buying I've done since getting the bike!

Tea/coffee was offered on each visit and it was also a nice opportunity to ogle over some R9Ts, the G310R and the G310GS. All in all a pleasant experience, so here's one more flattering story for the lads in Finglas. :thumb2

Nice one Its good to hear positives Back when I left the dealer in Mallusk I was in a bad place due to "bad" management practices!!

Which I cannot reveal as it may be considered slanderous!

"BUT" I have moved on from then (Well apart from wishing that the retired manager's next and every schite be a hedgehog!)

I move on to Young Mark and his crew at Hurst Motorrad Belfast and WHAT A Difference! Finally someone put someone in charge who sees a person and actually grasps the meaning of the phrase Customer service! I had outstanding warranty issues and they were helpful in sorting what they could in the short time available

Whereas "Herr Flick" whom saw everyone who walked through his door as a walking wallet to be conned out of whatever they have to give!

Kudos and Respect given to those who treat their customers correctly

I just bought a new bike from them:D and apart from a bumpy start, I was more than happy with the service:thumby:
They responded immediately and excellently to my complaint. I would definitely return based on my experience:)

I called in to Duffys one day and while the bike was in, they told me there was a gearbox leak. They told me they could book it in immediately for repairs, that were to cost nearly €500. I said I would go out and see where it was coming from. “Eh, the apprentice is washing it as we speak”
OK says I, I will wait for the leak to resume, have a look at it and book it in if it needs it.

Needless to say, there was no leak ever, and they were trying to drum up business during a quiet January.

I will never cross their door again.

Dealing with them a long time now. Nice people but sometimes they get carried away with the calculator. Every time I leave something in it’s ALWAYS more expensive than the estimated price then + vat. Work is always to a high standard and a loan bike without any faffing about. Usually Patrick asks me what bike I’d like. Dosent happen in other bike shops. Lucky to get a scooter sometimes. Duffy’s is probably the best bike shop in Dublin by a long shot. Sometimes I wish they sold Honda or Yamaha or Suzuki or Kawasaki or anything else to give me a choice. Unless there’s a big change in the other bike shops in Dublin I’ll keep going back. JJH

Nice one Its good to hear positives Back when I left the dealer in Mallusk I was in a bad place due to "bad" management practices!!

Which I cannot reveal as it may be considered slanderous!

"BUT" I have moved on from then (Well apart from wishing that the retired manager's next and every schite be a hedgehog!)

I move on to Young Mark and his crew at Hurst Motorrad Belfast and WHAT A Difference! Finally someone put someone in charge who sees a person and actually grasps the meaning of the phrase Customer service! I had outstanding warranty issues and they were helpful in sorting what they could in the short time available

Whereas "Herr Flick" whom saw everyone who walked through his door as a walking wallet to be conned out of whatever they have to give!

Kudos and Respect given to those who treat their customers correctly

Plus 1. Huge difference in Belfast now that Mark is in charge!

I'm happy with Duffys too. In my option, it is a different experience since Patrick took over from Andrew. As in a TOTALLY different experience.

Dealing with them a long time now. Nice people but sometimes they get carried away with the calculator. Every time I leave something in it’s ALWAYS more expensive than the estimated price then + vat. Work is always to a high standard and a loan bike without any faffing about. Usually Patrick asks me what bike I’d like. Dosent happen in other bike shops. Lucky to get a scooter sometimes. Duffy’s is probably the best bike shop in Dublin by a long shot. Sometimes I wish they sold Honda or Yamaha or Suzuki or Kawasaki or anything else to give me a choice. Unless there’s a big change in the other bike shops in Dublin I’ll keep going back. JJH

If he offers you one of those scooters, take it. They are great craic!!!

Anyone use JD for older GSs?

My assumption is that they'd know a guy running an older bike is unlikely to be eager to spend a lot (so won't be a cash cow for them), and they might be inclined to discover problems with the bike if it's left in for routine work. I detest that kind of behaviour, and will never give a cent to any business from whom I get even a sniff of it.

JD very conveniently located for me, but - as above - anyone use them for older GSs?

Anyone use JD for older GSs?

My assumption is that they'd know a guy running an older bike is unlikely to be eager to spend a lot (so won't be a cash cow for them), and they might be inclined to discover problems with the bike if it's left in for routine work. I detest that kind of behaviour, and will never give a cent to any business from whom I get even a sniff of it.

JD very conveniently located for me, but - as above - anyone use them for older GSs?

In my experience no chance, I dont think they could be bothered faffing about like that. They are busy guys and do an honest job. If they find any issue they would call you and give you the options.

Just had the GS in for it's 24 month service and a pre-warranty expiration once over. I had highlighted an issue with the butterfly valve located just in front of the end can. Turns out it was seized and was replaced under warranty (which expires in 2 days). In fact, the complete pipework was replaced, from the heads all the way to the can. Would've been a +€1500 euro repair if outside of warranty. So bullet nicely dodged there. :thumb2

Second service which includes spark plugs, oil change in bevel gears and valve clearance check on top of the usual fluids and filters, came to a touch under €340. I also got the digital speedo changed to kph (originally a UK bike so was showing mph) and a new battery was fitted into the fob (a ludicrous €8.70) :eek:.

Bike felt great riding it back from the dealers - nice and tight and 'fresher' too. So I'm a happy bunny...just have to decide on whether to go for extended warranty now....but that's another story/thread...:rolleyes:

I had a couple of decent experiences with Hursts and older bikes.

I bought a 10 year old GS that had been parked up for a few years and they gave it a full service, overhaul and carried out all the recalls that were required on the bike, ran like clockwork after that.

Now have an 18 month old XR and will be taking this back to them for its 2 year service, warranty check and probably extend the warranty for one year with them on this one.

Never bought a bike from them, but I know a lot of people who now swear by them, and their name is certainly a lot better than what it used to be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom