BMW R1200 GSA Rallye

ncpierce

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone who have this model think that the 2018 model bike is lower than a previous version being 6' 4" I find it easy to reach the floor. I had a 2015MY bike and this one just seems to have a lower seat to floor distance. I am beginning to wonder whether I have lower seat than normal on my bike.....

Also I am sure that the fit between the tank and the seat was tighter (with a smaller gap) on the previous model.

Has anyone else had the same thoughts.

N

I've just bought one, Chopped in my 2017 TB GSA, Haven't noticed any difference in height though. But you can put seat on high, and High on suspension setting ?
I did however notice the gap between the seat and tank. I suspect it has something to do with the single rallye seat ? I've got the two peace black seat.
Great bike though !!!

I swapped my 2017 TB GSA for the 2018 Rallye GSA in January. I had the single seat fitted as I was told this is the 'taller' seat. I also have the suspension firmed up to give it a little extra height (as I did on the TB).

All in all I found the two bikes similar, I'm 6'7".

Hi,

Does anyone who have this model think that the 2018 model bike is lower than a previous version being 6' 4" I find it easy to reach the floor. I had a 2015MY bike and this one just seems to have a lower seat to floor distance. I am beginning to wonder whether I have lower seat than normal on my bike.....

Also I am sure that the fit between the tank and the seat was tighter (with a smaller gap) on the previous model.

Has anyone else had the same thoughts.

N

I have!

Before I bought my Rallye I had a latest model Triple Black on demo. I went back for a second demo ride and the Triple Black was out so they gave me an older red GSA with Comfort, Normal and Sport settings.

On the Triple Black I just got on the bike as normal with no problems, but I really had to stretch to get my 'leg over' on the red one. I could almost flat foot on both side with the TB but was on tip toes with the red even in Comfort mode, so much so that if the red bike had been the latest model I would have walked away and kept MY standard GS. Before buying I took out the TB again.

The salesman was of the opinion that the only difference between the two bikes that could possible account for this was the Dynamic ESA as everything else had remained the same.

Mike

Just stating the obvious, but have you checked its not set to MIN in the the ESA settings, and also they did not give you a lowered chassis bike :rob

Just stating the obvious, but have you checked its not set to MIN in the the ESA settings, and also they did not give you a lowered chassis bike :rob

is there more settings in the ESA menu now over the 2014 bikes? Im trying to decide between a Rallye an a GSA again had the 2014 :)

while we are all on the subject of Rallye's how you all finding them

is there more settings in the ESA menu now over the 2014 bikes? Im trying to decide between a Rallye an a GSA again had the 2014 :)

while we are all on the subject of Rallye's how you all finding them

Cannot say as have not had a 2014 BMW, but this video always makes me chuckle, these 2 are so funny.

:rob:rob:rob:rob:rob:rob

Fair point but not this time!

The demo and mine are set to Auto. It is definitely not a lowered bike. When I noticed the difference between the Triple Black and Red mentioned above I asked if the TB was lowered and was informed it wasn't. The be certain I also sat on a couple of new GS Adventures that were in the showroom and they were the same as the TB and then my Rallye

Mike

I’ve just come from a Ducati Multistrada to a lowered 2018 GSA Rallye, with standard 2 black seats...so cant comment on the height, but I do agree the gap between the riders seat and the tank, bugs me as it so gaping. Have even tried other seats at the dealers to see if it was just mine, but no. Even differing height settings made no difference....or made it worse !! Just cosmetic I know, but it just looks ‘wrong’ somehow.

I’ve just come from a Ducati Multistrada to a lowered 2018 GSA Rallye, with standard 2 black seats...so cant comment on the height, but I do agree the gap between the riders seat and the tank, bugs me as it so gaping. Have even tried other seats at the dealers to see if it was just mine, but no. Even differing height settings made no difference....or made it worse !! Just cosmetic I know, but it just looks ‘wrong’ somehow.

:rob:rob:rob:rob:rob:rob:rob:rob:rob

The 1150 fuel tank has a self adhesive rubber strip to fill this gap.

Number 3 in the diagram.

Possible solution?

Mike

Attachments

• 1150 fuel tank.PNG
    1150 fuel tank.PNG
    45.6 KB · Views: 703
Thats a good Idea Mike. It also stops the water running down into the bike.

I thought it was taller Nigel and have the suspenders on low:D

If you are going to the meeting tomorrow then you could compare them and see if yours is the same.

Best
Shaun

I thought it was taller Nigel and have the suspenders on low:D

If you are going to the meeting tomorrow then you could compare them and see if yours is the same.

Best
Shaun

Suspenders on low and meeting tomorrow, sounds dodgy to me............:wasntme

Back
Top Bottom