Rallye Adventure with Bumot Luggage

MIKE R

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Thought I'd post this showing the Bumot luggage system.

It's QD, fits on the GS Adventure rails, powder coated and a big saving on standard OEM alloy panniers.

The Top Box is 41ltr and the panniers 39/45 due to the cut out for the exhaust.

As you can see from the picture the panniers are not as wide as the handlebars.

Many thanks to the Adventure Bike Shop

Ready to tour now!

Mike

Attachments

• 10a Rallye with Bumot Panniers SIDE UKGSER.jpg
    10a Rallye with Bumot Panniers SIDE UKGSER.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 668
  • 11A Rallye with Bumot Panniers FRONT UKGSER.jpg
    11A Rallye with Bumot Panniers FRONT UKGSER.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 602
Looks good Mike, where did you order them from ?

��. Jimmy

Hi Mike, have you got a picture from the back? Does the pannier extend over exhaust like OEM?

Thought I'd post this showing the Bumot luggage system.

It's QD, fits on the GS Adventure rails, powder coated and a big saving on standard OEM alloy panniers.

The Top Box is 41ltr and the panniers 39/45 due to the cut out for the exhaust.

As you can see from the picture the panniers are not as wide as the handlebars.

Many thanks to the Adventure Bike Shop

Ready to tour now!

Mike

Looks good Mike, where did you order them from ?

��. Jimmy

Might be a clue above in his post !! Click here !!!

Bumot panniers are excellent.

I had a set of 45/41 panniers on my Africa Twin and now have there 40/36 on my KTM 1290R.

Infact the cheeky sods at Bumot have even nicked my pics for their website.

Best panniers I've ever had.

Get the toolbox too which sits inside the pannier and use for a big chain etc.

Bulgarian sheet on a fine german machine ?
If I buy a new ADV I have the dealer throw in a set of stock luggage or get them at a discount !
At least they don't look as bad as the Jessee's...;)

Is the saving over the original luggage worth it?

It looks like a new gsa rallye is it? A brand new bike but then saving a couple hundred quid on fake luggage. I don’t get it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bulgarian sheet on a fine german machine ?
If I buy a new ADV I have the dealer throw in a set of stock luggage or get them at a discount !
At least they don't look as bad as the Jessee's...;)

Much better quality than the shit that BMW chuck out that start to tarnish on day 3 of use !!

It looks like a new gsa rallye is it? A brand new bike but then saving a couple hundred quid on fake luggage. I don’t get it.

Fake luggage ? WTF are you talking about ? BMW get their panniers from Touratwat as far as I know.

Having owned both,the Bumot luggage is much better quality and also a bit cheaper as the price isn't hiked by sticking BMW all over it.....

how do the complete set compare in terms of weight with the OEM

Much better quality than the shit that BMW chuck out that start to tarnish on day 3 of use !!

I would agree I have the O.E BMW on my twin cam, I would not go with them next time it would definitely be the Bumots for me :thumb2

There is really nothing wrong with the stock stuff made by touratech for BMW.The Burmot stuff looks like a generation behind espercially the jessee hinges.I hope they don't weigh as much as the American crap.Only thing I can think of to improve the factory luggage would be to anodize them on the inside to prevent oxidation/making them look "dirty" inside...;)

There is really nothing wrong with the stock stuff made by touratech for BMW.The Burmot stuff looks like a generation behind espercially the jessee hinges.I hope they don't weigh as much as the American crap.Only thing I can think of to improve the factory luggage would be to anodize them on the inside to prevent oxidation/making them look "dirty" inside...;)

If the stock shite is so good why are there numerous posts on here complaining about the quality and the dreadful appearance after a few months.For example !!

Many end up wrapping them to hide this.Some people can see through BMW/Touratech's marketing bullshit and would rather have quality powder coated panniers rather than panniers made from thin,bare ally.

My GSA arrived from the factory with rusty pannier frames !!

The Bumot frames are powder coated and their whole set up is so much better than the BMW alternative.And if you change bike you can just order new frames and use the same panniers.Or you can get their soft luggage which will fit on the same frames if you want an alternative.

I see on another thread you are slagging off Wapping's Ventura luggage in favour of yet more BMW over-priced shite.Are you a BMW employee or Engineer in disguise ?

The Bumots were cheaper than the best discount I could get, although to be honest I did not try that hard. It's all a matter of opinion but for me the Bumots are better quality and look better on the bike. If the Bumots had been more expensive than the OEM I would still have chosen them.

Mike

If the stock shite is so good why are there numerous posts on here complaining about the quality and the dreadful appearance after a few months.For example !!

Many end up wrapping them to hide this.Some people can see through BMW/Touratech's marketing bullshit and would rather have quality powder coated panniers rather than panniers made from thin,bare ally.

My GSA arrived from the factory with rusty pannier frames !!

The Bumot frames are powder coated and their whole set up is so much better than the BMW alternative.And if you change bike you can just order new frames and use the same panniers.Or you can get their soft luggage which will fit on the same frames if you want an alternative.

I see on another thread you are slagging off Wapping's Ventura luggage in favour of yet more BMW over-priced shite.Are you a BMW employee or Engineer in disguise ?

Quite like those soft panniers too. I guess you had to change the OEM pannier frame though?

I'm running Bumot on my F800GS. I've had Touratech in the past and Metal Mule. The Touratech were a pain in the arse as the oxidisation from the aluminium inside left everything black. The Metal Mules were very expensive and when I had my first 'off', just on slight gravel, the mechanism on the pannier bent out of shape and the pannier never sat right on the frames ever again. Their customer service was appalling also.

The Bumot's are a quality pannier, well made and I also like the stiff piano hinge mechanism which keeps the lid in any position so that it doesn't fall down onto your hand when taking stuff out etc..

Quite like those soft panniers too. I guess you had to change the OEM pannier frame though?

Those are Bumot Xtremeda panniers which fit on the same Bumot frames that their Defender luggage does,as Mike R has above.

So yes,they won't fit the BMW frames,but then again you'll get nice powder coated frames and could fit a tool box inside the frame,like this :

Found some more pics on Bumot's website :

image upload no compression

image hosting 10mb limit

Might be a clue above in his post !! Click here !!!

Bumot panniers are excellent.

I had a set of 45/41 panniers on my Africa Twin and now have there 40/36 on my KTM 1290R.

Infact the cheeky sods at Bumot have even nicked my pics for their website.

Best panniers I've ever had.

Get the toolbox too which sits inside the pannier and use for a big chain etc.

Should have read it proper like:blast:blast.

Question who makes the Touratech panniers. Do Touratech have their own factory or do some one else make them? JJH

Only thing I can think of to improve the factory luggage would be to anodize them on the inside to prevent oxidation/making them look "dirty" inside...;)

I bought some 1mm thick, sticky backed neoprene sheet to line my top box with to prevent this from happening. Does the job a treat.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom