Fork seals

rdonson

Reaction score
Hi, Could i ask if anyone who has had the fork recall done had the oil seals leak :D

Yes. Happened to me but dealer took back and replaced quickly. I was told seals were not routinely replaced on the recall but I insisted that both were.

Me today........awesome. Plus a big scratch on the rear rim when they did the tyre.......

My dealer replaced them as part of the recall, they explicitly told me that they would do this - I guess they'd seen too may that had failed after being 'disturbed' during the collar fitment.

I cant remember of mine fitted new seals or not but I do remember them telling me to keep an eye out as they can leak after being disturbed. Also mine was the first bike the dealer did.

I cant remember of mine fitted new seals or not but I do remember them telling me to keep an eye out as they can leak after being disturbed. Also mine was the first bike the dealer did.

Aye, mine also leaking like billy-oh. Battersea will be doing them next week. Clearly the poor wee things are being abused and left in place during the recall. Only to fail shortly after.

Aye, mine also leaking like billy-oh. Battersea will be doing them next week. Clearly the poor wee things are being abused and left in place during the recall. Only to fail shortly after.

Mine has done 9k miles sice the forks were done. Seals not leaked yet. /Touch wood

Thank,s for the replies.... i have rang the dealer in manchester and they say that they have never changed a set of seals after the fork upgrade, But i have got a genuine set off flea bay for £25 just in case :augie

I have just ( last week ) picked up a new R1200 GS LC RALLYE and it seems that the left hand fork seal is leaking :forry:forry. It will be going in next week for it’s first service , so I will keep an eye on the fork in the meantime .

Fork recall done today in conjunction with a 6000 mile service and brake fluid change at Bowkers in Preston. 2 hours total time and no leaking seals. Also, unprompted, in response to a squeaky exhaust valve, they have ordered a new set of header pipes under warranty. Bowkers - a very good dealership.:thumb2
Alan R

Collars done a few months ago. Just noticed LH fork seal leaking. I’ll pop in to Bowkers tomorrow.
My exhaust valve has been squeaking for ages. I’ll mention that too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom