Closure of Alpine passes to motorcycles

KMD

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've received an email from a hotel I use in Austria concerning upcoming events for the year. But it also mentions a proposal, presumably by local or regional government to close the Alpine passes in Austria and Germany to motorcycles. I'm guessing the accident rate must be a contributory factor driving the proposal, but I have to say in all the years I've been riding in Europe I've seen more bike accidents in the UK than the Alps. The email contained a link to a petition against such a move. It may be in our interests to give it a coat of looking at. This is the first I've heard of it, which doesn't make it a new thing of course. Does anyone know any detail ?

https://www.petitionen24.com/petiti...edfahrern_keine_streckensperrungen_und_beschr

Its all about a couple of pain in the arse house owners that do not appreciate the Gnarley bar riding through their quiet towns.....................

Its all about a couple of pain in the arse house owners that do not appreciate the Gnarley bar riding through their quiet towns.....................

Ah.....that old chestnut. Are these longs standing residents or people who have moved in ? We have a situation here where people have moved into a village near to an airfield I fly out of, knowing full well there was an airfield (been there for decades) and they've banded together with a petition to get the airfield shut down because the noise bothers them.

This is already a thing in the Black Forest, with some roads closed at weekends. Just go there on a weekday, en masse.

Back
Top Bottom