Hotel in Fez, morocco. And somewhere for the bikes

rubberscrubber

Reaction score
Having a one night stop over in Fez and hoping to get nearish to the centre but realise that secure parking maybe a problem.
If anyone has any suggestions :thumb

I've messaged a friend who runs tours into Morocco, he may be able to help.

Royal Mirage if you want a bit of luxury - £86 including breakfast - the price of a B&B in the UK.

Lots of proper, uniformed security guards for the bikes. It’s out of town a bit but a lot easier to arrive and leave - cheap taxi into town.

From memory, we (Adventure bikers wot we is) rocked-up unannounced at the Ibis in Fez. I strolled through the front door, all dusty like and enquired of the bod at the desk as to whether we could have a few rooms for the night. He said, “Yes” and we left the awsome steeds in the hotel carpark. They were still there in the morning.

Another thumbs up for the Ibis. Interesting taxi ride to the souk to pay an unannounced visit to a chap from Burnley that runs a cafe there. Turned out he was in Burnley visiting family. Best laid plans etc.

We stayed in a traditional RIAD up an alleyway just outside the walls of the Medina leaving the bikes in a dusty open car park
that was crowded with men wanting to carry our bags etc.; The bikes were there for two nights, as we were and neither us or the bikes were molested.
I in fact left a loaded pannier bag on the floor near my bike and forgot about it but, it was still there when i went back for it watched over
by a guy who refused any reward for his efforts. I recommend a RIAD to get the traditional experience and don't fret about the bikes.

From memory, we (Adventure bikers wot we is) rocked-up unannounced at the Ibis in Fez. I strolled through the front door, all dusty like and enquired of the bod at the desk as to whether we could have a few rooms for the night. He said, “Yes” and we left the awsome steeds in the hotel carpark. They were still there in the morning.
yep thats the place next door to the railway station

Good hotel right by “blue gate” in old town.... clean, friendly and underground garage....I’ve used it numerous times on our tours...

Attachments

• BA554E6C-EAD5-4CD3-8B70-B283625338C8.jpg
    BA554E6C-EAD5-4CD3-8B70-B283625338C8.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 382
Good place to eat just round the corner too....good food , clean and beer.....

Attachments

• 95C1A472-29CF-4F99-9FA2-9EF06E21141D.jpg
    95C1A472-29CF-4F99-9FA2-9EF06E21141D.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 385
Thanks for all the input guys. We ended up in a riad very near to the blue gate, they sorted an under ground car park, no problems what so ever.
What an experience looking round the old town medina.
I need to do a full ride report, what an amazing 11 days ��

Back
Top Bottom