Gear lever position

Sandyb

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has had to put gear lever extender or and advise would be helpful.

The problem is that I recently replaced my boots, the new boots have a deeper section from sole to top of boot where it should interface with gear lever, however I am struggling a bit and seem to be using the side of the boot on gear lever. is there any adjustment or replacement available, has any one else had these issues.

I have tried to rotate the rubber section will see how that goes next time out.

Thanks

I was wondering if anyone has had to put gear lever extender or and advise would be helpful.

The problem is that I recently replaced my boots, the new boots have a deeper section from sole to top of boot where it should interface with gear lever, however I am struggling a bit and seem to be using the side of the boot on gear lever. is there any adjustment or replacement available, has any one else had these issues.

I have tried to rotate the rubber section will see how that goes next time out.

Thanks

If its a Gs/GSA LC I have a wunderlich one if you are interested and they do work however if you have a GSA LC you can move the gear change round to give you more room

Just fitted lowered foot pegs to my 2007 GS and had to move the position of the gear change to fit, I imagine your rt gear change is the same. There is a small bolt at the rear of the lever where it fits onto the spline, remove this and pull the lever off the spline, rotate the lever to the position you want it and push back onto the spline, refit the bolt and job done, you can rotate the lever up or down as much as you like.

Just fitted lowered foot pegs to my 2007 GS and had to move the position of the gear change to fit, I imagine your rt gear change is the same. There is a small bolt at the rear of the lever where it fits onto the spline, remove this and pull the lever off the spline, rotate the lever to the position you want it and push back onto the spline, refit the bolt and job done, you can rotate the lever up or down as much as you like.

+1 for this method.

Back
Top Bottom