Alarm power consumption

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveC

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My new to me 2014rt is the first BM I've had with the factory fit alarm. Prior to going on holiday I entered the menu function and set the alarm sensor to ON. Nothing else done, the alarm fob was in the house.

So yesterday I put my BM charger on to top up the battery. My charger took over 12 hours to shift the charger light to its first setting. The charger itself was the hottest I have ever felt it. My thoughts are the battery must have been well down but I don't know if the bike would have started as I never tried.

I have 2 extra take off's from the battery. All done correctly fused/soldered/switched. They have been on for 2 months with no issues so is the battery drain over the last 2 weeks down to the alarm sensor ?

To be honest I don't actually know if the bikes alarm was active. But the sensor was on.

After charging I left it 24hrs and the onboard voltmeter said 12.3 volts this morning. I will check it each morning to see if it drops anymore. The alarm sensor is still on.

I am not a fan of bike alarms, if they want it they will get it.

Would the drop in battery condition be down to the alarm system sensor being on?

It is the original battery and bike has 6500 miles showing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom