Ocean Plymouth. Bad experience.

I feel you pain OP, having endured a similar scenario with a low mileage 2012 K1600GT back in 2014. My mistake was to take a van delivery in January, with little chance to ride the thing seriously until Spring. So the faults didn't emerge as promptly as yours. However I was convinced I had been sold the previous owners problems, albeit unwittingly (possibly) but that's what a sound workshop check/PDI is all about..

All I can say is that everything got sorted, eventually & I was compensated modestly too - not that I view this as fair recompense for the down time & hassle. Your case is far stronger, as the deficiencies were spotted almost immediately. Here is the official complaints procedure, which you may have viewed already ........ https://www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk/en/service/ContactUs/customer-complaint-procedure.html . It works & I was content that BMW CS took the case seriously. However I never felt much respect from the supplying dealer as doubtless I stirred up a hornet's nest.

Was it the weekend perhaps ? Was the workshop too busy to fit in the work because of work already booked in? Were they therefore unable to fix it there and then and a bit embarrassed as they were aware you travelled a long way and perhaps thought it easiest & best to get it sorted after collection rather than send you home without your bike.

Clearly these faults should've been picked up I before sale but Its unfortunate what happened afterwards because had you have been local I imagine together you would've been able to come to a more satisfactory solution.

Sadly not the weekend. It was a weekday collection and therefore not overly busy from what I could see. The workshop certainly wasn’t full of hussle and bustle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a second hand V70 a few years back that had a problem chewing through front tyres......dealer was unhelpful.... until I printed out all the terms ( from the Volvo website) of their warranted “previously loved” vehicles and asked to see the detail of all the checks...

They could not supply the information, admitting it had been purchased through auction.

Next thing the car was taken away by Volvo for a week and checked on a jig, an alignment issue found and rectified.....took a lot of moaning and I had to write to the dealer principle.

IMO a BMW approved bike should be mechanically as new and tyres and pads should have plenty of life...

This was one of the reasons I went all that way. I knew a dealer wouldn’t retail a bag of sh***. To be fair it wasn’t, although there were a couple of nasties hidden, a lot of it comes down to how I was dealt with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom