Fuel Range Display

Doesn't it work like BMW cars, as in it looks at current/recent fuel consumtion to predict how many miles you might go? If you've been hammering it round town and getting 30mpg it'll say half as much as if you'd been bimbling and achieving 60mpg for the same quantity in the tank. If you then start riding harder or more conservatively, the range will fall or rise as appropriate. Well, that's what my cars do anyway.

Put £20 worth of fuel in my Adventure Rallye (was heading towards the Yorkshire Dales and did not need/want a full tank) that was showing empty.

Mileage came up as 225.

Bike registered 28/3/18

Mike

Put £20 worth of fuel in my Adventure Rallye (was heading towards the Yorkshire Dales and did not need/want a full tank) that was showing empty.

Mileage came up as 225.

Bike registered 28/3/18

Mike

20 quid is a fortune in Burnley...........:beerjug:

Mileage came up as 225.

Bike registered 28/3/18

Mike

That is consistent with the 161 miles that me and others are seeing on the GS as the GSA has a bigger tank and ought to show closer around 300 miles when full.

TFT firmware upgrades are alledgely slow and painful, not a major issue for me so will wait until my dealer has the latest version and I have some spare time.

You can always have a full tank and if you are only out for a few hours, no worries

The final figure varies with speed etc as already mentioned. The guage itself is very accurate-- when the last bar disappears it takes 19 litres to fill.

2013 GS LC

The final figure varies with speed etc as already mentioned. The guage itself is very accurate-- when the last bar disappears it takes 19 litres to fill.

2013 GS LC

Yep before the TFT a full tank would display somewhere around the figure you say - new bikes with a TFT display 161 miles with a full tank - I hope they can fix this in software as I find the tank range a very useful feature.

Glad i wasnt the only one seeing this issue. Have you guys got in touch with your local dealer? When i got in touch with mine they were a bit clueless about this issue until i emailed them some links that smogbob kindly posted on my earlier thread

TFT Mileage

I was aware of the range issue before I bought mine in January. I have been monitoring it since new (GS Adventure Rallye)
When full to the brim every time the range says 269. I run it down till the range says under 20 (low fuel warning is showing etc) when I fill up I normally get 26-27 litres in. This is after I have ridden 250-260 miles so the gauge itself is accurate.

It is supposed to be a 30L tank, the average m.p.g on the TFT says 49 m.p.g and my little fuel app calculations say 49 m.p.g

The Nav 6 takes its readings from the bike so that says the same as the TFT.

I know owners who have had the update and their range is now showing 320+ for the adventure model

The only think I can think about the upgrade is that it has been measuring mileage incorrectly? The tank is the same size and the mpg is correct so where does the extra 70 miles per tank full come from? :nenau

I'm not bothered about the upgrade yet. If it is a mileage thing (does anyone actually know??) then my bike will be showing less than its actually done.....a good thing right?? .....:clap

The XR would only ever show 150 miles range for a full tank but would do the best part of 50 miles before the countdown would start

I suggest that you fill up then see how many miles you do before the 161 figure adjusts

The XR would only ever show 150 miles range for a full tank but would do the best part of 50 miles before the countdown would start

I suggest that you fill up then see how many miles you do before the 161 figure adjusts

I haven’t measured the miles before it starts to drop but this issue appears to be coincident with the addition of the TFT display.

I find it a nuisance because I use the ‘miles to empty’ a lot.

Has anyone had the TFT update to the GS (not GSA) and now gets the ‘correct’ full tank reading of around 220-230 miles?

Back
Top Bottom