Fuel Range Display

I haven’t measured the miles before it starts to drop but this issue appears to be coincident with the addition of the TFT display.

I find it a nuisance because I use the ‘miles to empty’ a lot.

Has anyone had the TFT update to the GS (not GSA) and now gets the ‘correct’ full tank reading of around 220-230 miles?
The miles to empty function still works so whats the problem ?

If it says 161 and you manage to get 200 whats the problem ?

As long as it does not say 50 and you run out whats the problem ?

Buy a Ducati as it keeps your mental arithmetic up to scratch working out fuel Vs mileage

The miles to empty function still works so whats the problem ?

If it says 161 and you manage to get 200 whats the problem ?

As long as it does not say 50 and you run out whats the problem ?

Buy a Ducati as it keeps your mental arithmetic up to scratch working out fuel Vs mileage

I like to monitor the full tank estimate and see it count down all the way from full to 50mile low fuel warning - interestingly that 50 mile warning is now much lower on the new bike, so much so that I haven’t yet manged to illuminate it even when going below 40 miles - this is all indicative of a software miscalculation.

Apparently the TFT firmware updates are a bit of a faff and can be time consuming so I imagine the dealers don’t want to do them unless absolutely necessary - TFT firmware updates could prove very costly for BMW - one of the problems with complex software. I think that BMW might have underestimated the workload necessary, especially considering all the Bluetooth incompatibilities too.

I am not that bothered as I got a ‘free’ TFT display, I would be more miffed if I’d forked out £650.

As I posted earlier:-

Put £20 worth of fuel in my Adventure Rallye (was heading towards the Yorkshire Dales and did not need/want a full tank) that was showing empty.

Mileage came up as 225.

Bike registered 28/3/18

That is consistent with the 161 miles that me and others are seeing on the GS as the GSA has a bigger tank and ought to show closer around 300 miles when full.

To test your theory I brimmed my Adventure today (although it was on the side stand)

In matter of seconds the TFT was showing a range of 285 miles and then slowly crept up as I rode along. When I stopped for a brew 43 miles later and looked again at the fuel gauge it was showing 325 left in the tank

Mike

As I posted earlier:-

Put £20 worth of fuel in my Adventure Rallye (was heading towards the Yorkshire Dales and did not need/want a full tank) that was showing empty.

Mileage came up as 225.

Bike registered 28/3/18

To test your theory I brimmed my Adventure today (although it was on the side stand)

In matter of seconds the TFT was showing a range of 285 miles and then slowly crept up as I rode along. When I stopped for a brew 43 miles later and looked again at the fuel gauge it was showing 325 left in the tank

Mike

That seems about right, so your TFT software must working correctly, I assume that it was updated?????

Shame they don't allow it to update overnight from wireless network at home - its a bloody ipad after all!

And no I don't have one but think they're quite 'sexay'

Will tt do retrofit for my 2005?....

Shame they don't allow it to update overnight from wireless network at home - its a bloody ipad after all!

And no I don't have one but think they're quite 'sexay'

Will tt do retrofit for my 2005?....

But that would take all the fun, out of having to go back to the dealer, and then seeing a new bike................:rob and going down the Ipad road, I was hearing that later BMW bikes may have a removable Ipad style cluster on the bike...............

Back
Top Bottom