BMW G650 XCountry for Sale on eBay

BMW G650 XCountry for Sale on eBay - nothing to do with me and no connection to seller...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-G-650-X-COUNTRY/292523531289?hash=item441bc2dc19:g:NKQAAOSwTw9a0dFv

And a low miles X Moto eBay no : 162998972371

Fantastic value. Single cylinder with the Rotax engine is light, nimble and plenty quick enough and more capable off road not to mention ridiculously economical, The bike is in remarkably nice condition given age and mileage and would not embarrass anyone. In a great colour a really nice bike.

Brand new tyres, and did only 3 Miles after last MOT,new rings fitted, new paint job on plastik ,replacement gearbox seals. Awesome bike but sadly needs to go due my twins girls :)

Attachments

• 20180415_124839.jpg
    20180415_124839.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 1,457
  • 20180415_124631.jpg
    20180415_124631.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 1,492
This one just supposedly sold for £1607. 8k miles on it but otherwise poor advert. He wanted 3250 i think. Bargain if the bike is straight.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/183168774579

There's another one that ends in 6 hours with a bin of 2850. Problem is it has been a cat b, and the vrm shown in the previous ad comes back as a f650gs, which he puts down to being a database error. Hmmm

This one just supposedly sold for £1607. 8k miles on it but otherwise poor advert. He wanted 3250 i think. Bargain if the bike is straight.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/183168774579

There's another one that ends in 6 hours with a bin of 2850. Problem is it has been a cat b, and the vrm shown in the previous ad comes back as a f650gs, which he puts down to being a database error. Hmmm

i spoke to the owner of the one that just "sold" for £1607 - he said he would not go through with the sale unless he got £3250 - i pointed out it was a no reserve auction but he insisted as that his description was clear that he wanted £3250 then that was the price - I therefore didn't bid any further

I'm after another XMoto for my son and as my next project , but they are all either too expensive or have been crash repaired or had engine issues (piston rings on the one Ash posted above - never known a Rotax engine at that low mileage to needs rings - must have been well thrashed !)

i spoke to the owner of the one that just "sold" for £1607 - he said he would not go through with the sale unless he got £3250 - i pointed out it was a no reserve auction but he insisted as that his description was clear that he wanted £3250 then that was the price - I therefore didn't bid any further

I'm after another XMoto for my son and as my next project , but they are all either too expensive or have been crash repaired or had engine issues (piston rings on the one Ash posted above - never known a Rotax engine at that low mileage to needs rings - must have been well thrashed !)

Your right about the Low miles one..
Must of been something wrong with the motor or as you say thrashed...

Just goes to show just reading an add or listing doesn't always tell the true story.
That's why you can never do enough checks & buying of a site like this were you know the seller or bike is a good idea.
Even then its pay yer money & take your chance...

:thumb

Why do you need more than one?

Dad plus two sons.......

27621286388_f1e685a756_b.jpg

Hi

I was aware of the issue with the XTank hitting the OEM chain guard and I have had custom stainless steel chain guards made that avoid this issue

They sit both lower and further inset into the centre of bike so they do not foul the XTank

39707413700_d5da67bbc2_b.jpg

I've had no issues with either the XCountry or the XChallenge since fitting these

i spoke to the owner of the one that just "sold" for £1607 - he said he would not go through with the sale unless he got £3250 -

I guess they didnt appreciate that an open auction is the price it goes for not the inflated price they wanted. Ican see a complaint going in on their account from the "lucky" winner :D

Hi

I was aware of the issue with the XTank hitting the OEM chain guard and I have had custom stainless steel chain guards made that avoid this issue

They sit both lower and further inset into the centre of bike so they do not foul the XTank

39707413700_d5da67bbc2_b.jpg

I've had no issues with either the XCountry or the XChallenge since fitting these

Does it really clear the Xtank on full compression of the rear? Maybe you should market them if so.

Does it really clear the Xtank on full compression of the rear? Maybe you should market them if so.

I’ve had them fitted for over a year and had the bikes loaded with luggage and the XTanks have not hit the chain guards yet . I do not use the bikes on any really heavy off road way , just green laning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve had them fitted for over a year and had the bikes loaded with luggage and the XTanks have not hit the chain guards yet . I do not use the bikes on any really heavy off road way , just green laning

Still, for many that would be good. The reason I'm careful is that in 2012, I put my sprocket through the bottom of the original large X-Tank while crossing some really bad roads in Kazakhstan. The design was changed afterwards to give a bigger insert, but that was without the chain guard even.

Still, for many that would be good. The reason I'm careful is that in 2012, I put my sprocket through the bottom of the original large X-Tank while crossing some really bad roads in Kazakhstan. The design was changed afterwards to give a bigger insert, but that was without the chain guard even.

Yes - both of my tanks are the later type with the larger inset on the bottom , that along with the modified chain guards seems to fix the potential issue - at least it has for me

I'd certainly be interested in buying one of these chain guards if they clear the xtank on full compression. Possible group buy to make it worthwhile for John?

Back
Top Bottom